2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2004 Avalanche Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Sort Reviews by

Blanche
By taylor59

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i have had this vehicle since october of 2002, what a joy it is to drive and manuver, great truck, great design, thanks

Favorite Features

the ability to use as truck or passenger vehicle, capacity for hauling,, ease of cleaning, and general maintainance

Suggested Improvements

electric rear window, stonger side mirrors, reduce the height of the viehicle, bring it down onto the tires,, or hydrolics to rise or lower the vehicle depending on driving conditions.

3 Ton Chevy
By john richard

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Second one we've owned. First was an "02 model. Luv the ride/handling & passenger comfort. Very versatile as a road car or a towing/hauling truck. Plenty of power. Sun roof & satelite sound option a must plus powered & heated leather seats. Fuel economy is what you would expect with a 5700 pound truck 14/18.5 mpg.

Favorite Features

Z66 Option - great comfortable ride. Sunroof & XM radio, heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Improved fuel economy without loss of power & torque. Brighten up guage/speedometer visibility for day driving when driving into the sun it can be difficult to read speedometer. Kneeling option for easy entry.

Best SUV Money could buy
By richard cechak

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It drives like a cadilac and can do what a hummer can do with ease and style. Chevy has made a miralce mobile with this vehicle. It allows me to have a beach front property wherever I go with the versitility.

Favorite Features

leather seats (heated), ease of 4 wheel shifting, sturdiness of ride.

Suggested Improvements

retractable rear window

Avalanche Z71
By Bob Bob

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Couldn't have ask for a better truck!!!

One Great Truck
By Tyger1

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride for a truck. The turning radius is surprisingly small for such a large truck. I haven't found any structural defects, although there are some cheesy plastic parts used for the interior. It's not the most economical, but you should,know what to expect before you buy it. Chevy has a definite winner with this truck.

Favorite Features

All features are my favorite!!

Suggested Improvements

Vertically split the midgate so only one side can be used if necessary.

THE MACHINE
By +ELMER TATUM

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THIS VEHICLE IS THE BEST OF 2 WORLDS, TRUCK AAND 5 PLACE CAR. GREAT RIDE, HANDLING AND CAN CARRY GREAT LOADS, BETTER THAN A SUBURBAN OR OTHER SUV. AWAITING THE 2005 MODELS TO COME OUT TO TRADE. NEEDS TO HAVE THE CLADDING ON THE BODY TO BE A GREAT VEHICLE.

Favorite Features

REALLY LIKE THE VEHICLE OUT OF ALL THE VEHICLES I HAVE OWNED.

Suggested Improvements

2 WAY TAIL GATE LIKE THE XUV GMC ENVOYS AND RUNNING BOARDS ON ALL S-66 MODELS.

GREAT TRUCK
By ianns27

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I could not be any happier. We had a 1997 blazer that we sold about a year before we got the Av. The blazer was nice but my Av is great. The comfort is nicer than many large cars and I am getting almost 17 mpg on the highway. And the guys at Homedepot and Lowes love to see me coming!!!!

Favorite Features

MidGate (of course) but the Powerfolding mirrors are great, too. On a long ride or just sitting in traffic it is great

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable seatbelt hight. Power midgate window. 40/60 split midgate would be great too. A/C Seats like the Caddy.

Happy, Happy, Happy
By hernandezfam

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A little apprehensive at first to buy such a big truck but after driving around, I found it was easier to drive than it looks.The ride is smooth and the back seats are roomier in comparison to the Silverados. Great for the family!

Favorite Features

XM Radio, dual air control temperature, air conditioning for the back seat, and radio controls for the back seats. Love that it's part SUV and part truck. Could do a lot with it...

Suggested Improvements

None that I know of... Love the truck !!

I wish I had my 1998 Tahoe back!!!
By ihatechevy!

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Judging from everyone else's reviews, I got a lemon. The engine and exterior build are fine, but the interior is shoddy at best. Within 24 hours of leaving the dealership, trim pieces had begun to fall off! Now, 3 months later, I am still headed back from time to time to have the dealer replace trim clips. I have also resorted to using pieces of windshield wiper blades to wedge in the dash to stop squeasks and rattles. My 6 year-old Tahoe didn't have this much interior noise! I can't believe I'm paying $500/month for this. For this price, I could've had a nice, well built German car...

Favorite Features

Fortunately, the Bose steroe w/ XM can be turned up loud enough to drown out most of the rattles.

Suggested Improvements

The General Motors staff should go buy a Honda Accord and a 3-series BMW and learn from them. These are not extravagant vehicles, but for the price they are far better built than any GM I've ever seen. My lesson has been learned.

best truck i ever had
By showmethemoney

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best truck I ever owened, it is also very good looking. only complant is I need a little more power to pull my 35ft boat. TD

Favorite Features

conversion to pick up!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

option a TV system