2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 10

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Blanche
By taylor59 on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i have had this vehicle since october of 2002, what a joy it is to drive and manuver, great truck, great design, thanks

3 Ton Chevy
By john richard on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Second one we've owned. First was an "02 model. Luv the ride/handling & passenger comfort. Very versatile as a road car or a towing/hauling truck. Plenty of power. Sun roof & satelite sound option a must plus powered & heated leather seats. Fuel economy is what you would expect with a 5700 pound truck 14/18.5 mpg.

Best SUV Money could buy
By richard cechak on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It drives like a cadilac and can do what a hummer can do with ease and style. Chevy has made a miralce mobile with this vehicle. It allows me to have a beach front property wherever I go with the versitility.

Avalanche Z71
By Bob Bob on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Couldn't have ask for a better truck!!!

One Great Truck
By Tyger1 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very smooth ride for a truck. The turning radius is surprisingly small for such a large truck. I haven't found any structural defects, although there are some cheesy plastic parts used for the interior. It's not the most economical, but you should,know what to expect before you buy it. Chevy has a definite winner with this truck.

THE MACHINE
By +ELMER TATUM on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THIS VEHICLE IS THE BEST OF 2 WORLDS, TRUCK AAND 5 PLACE CAR. GREAT RIDE, HANDLING AND CAN CARRY GREAT LOADS, BETTER THAN A SUBURBAN OR OTHER SUV. AWAITING THE 2005 MODELS TO COME OUT TO TRADE. NEEDS TO HAVE THE CLADDING ON THE BODY TO BE A GREAT VEHICLE.

GREAT TRUCK
By ianns27 on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I could not be any happier. We had a 1997 blazer that we sold about a year before we got the Av. The blazer was nice but my Av is great. The comfort is nicer than many large cars and I am getting almost 17 mpg on the highway. And the guys at Homedepot and Lowes love to see me coming!!!!

Happy, Happy, Happy
By hernandezfam on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A little apprehensive at first to buy such a big truck but after driving around, I found it was easier to drive than it looks.The ride is smooth and the back seats are roomier in comparison to the Silverados. Great for the family!

I wish I had my 1998 Tahoe back!!!
By ihatechevy! on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Judging from everyone else's reviews, I got a lemon. The engine and exterior build are fine, but the interior is shoddy at best. Within 24 hours of leaving the dealership, trim pieces had begun to fall off! Now, 3 months later, I am still headed back from time to time to have the dealer replace trim clips. I have also resorted to using pieces of windshield wiper blades to wedge in the dash to stop squeasks and rattles. My 6 year-old Tahoe didn't have this much interior noise! I can't believe I'm paying $500/month for this. For this price, I could've had a nice, well built German car...

best truck i ever had
By showmethemoney on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best truck I ever owened, it is also very good looking. only complant is I need a little more power to pull my 35ft boat. TD