Two Vehicles in One
By mvaillan on
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I needed a vehicle that I could use for hauling Home Depot supplies, fire wood, wood chips, dirt and all the other basic home owner truck type activities. I also needed a vehicle to take on family trips, hauling luggage and camping gear. I have 2 growing boys (11&12 yrs old) that have been complaining about being cramped in the back of the my extended cab Dodge Dakota for a couple of years now. The Avalanche is solving all of my needs - it'll haul pretty much anything I need and is a nice big highway cruiser for our many family annual trips - my boys love all of the room in the back seat now! A pickup truck and a SUV all in one vehicle!
Favorite Features
The North Face Edition, Steering Wheel Controls, handling and flexibility of a truck and SUV in one vehicle. There are also more features than I have ever seen - Everything from Onstar and a 6 CD changer up front - to lights and rubber matting in the pickup bed!
Suggested Improvements
The read out for the driver information line - where the Odometer, fuel economy, Trip info are displayed - should have multiple lines, so more than one piece of information can be displayed at once. Also, The wheel wells need to be rounded off for a better exterior look.