satisfied customer
By Danno on
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have a 7 yr, 5 yr, 7 month year old and my wife has a baby on the way. I had some GM card rebate so I looked at every GM car that sat 6+ passengers. I have always had trucks so wanted a bed if possible. I didn't even look at the Avalanche at first because I always thought it was ugly and didn't even consider it. I looked at TrailBlazer, 4 door Silverado, Venture, and Tahoe. Luckily my rep convinced me to look at it....loved it and never looked back. For you parents out there.....what sealed the deal was the airbag sensor in the front seats - 4 door trucks like Silverado don't have it - so it's safe for kids in the front seat of the Avalanche.
Favorite Features
Air Bag sensor, Huge bed - larger than a full size Silverado when seat is down, Wide ride, Standard hard bed covers.
Suggested Improvements
Only poor quality is that the dial locks that lock in the rear window are chincy plastic that have both broke in 5000 miles. No big deal under warranty. A great improvement would be if the rear window was electric and retracted down behind the seat.