2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: My Z66-No Problems/No issues

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

My Z66-No Problems/No issues
By David on

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was/is a Godsend. We purchased it as a promotion present for me when I became a police lieutenant. Little did we know that we would end up living in it when I became disabled in 2004. We have towed a 28 ft travel trailer from New Mexico to Florida then to Oregon then back to Florida and finally settled down in Oregon. It currently has 128322 miles, most of those occurred by 2006,(2 years). It has not spent one day in the shop due to a breakdown or malfunction. A few things had to be addressed during maintenance (like minor recalls) but so far we have been and are thrilled with it.

Roomy cab, comfortable seating up front, able to lay down in the back, Bose speaker system. User friendly exterior features, i.e.-handles and step when climbing into the bed of the truck and locking storage compartments.

I have found that in certain situations, I would like to have had a 60/40 center drop gate, in order to carry long items and still have rear seating also a little more room in which to recline. Our rear stereo feature broke down the first year, so a more durable system there would have been nice.