2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Do It All Vehicle

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Do It All Vehicle
By btec75 on

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gutsy SUV combo, many uses. Will fit in most gargages at home. Solves trade off of long length with midgate.Owned my '03 Z71 Avalanche since December 2002, equiping with Convenience and Personal Security Packages, Sunroof, Leather and HD Tow Pkg. Best vehicle I've even owned in over 30 years of driving. Solid and rugged. Chevy did something unique with the Avalanche. If you're not accustom to larger SUV's or pickups this may not be the vehicle for you. However, if you want something tough but comfortable and can climb into the vehicle, you found it. "Like A Rock" -- I love my Avalance.

Favorite Features

Z71 Package, Midgate, DIC (Driver Information Console), Bose Sound System, Bed Liner, Hard Top Bed Cover, Side Storage, extreamly comfortable ride for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Offer better tires than Goodyear (may improve steering and braking performance which could be better), better gas economy without performance sacrifice