2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Disappointed
By Kristin Clark on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

My experience has been one of dissatisfaction. Knocking in the engine, oil consumption, irregular tire wear, flutter in the dash board below the windshield, grinding in the front end(drive Train).I have burned a qt. of oil every 1000 mi. since I purchased the vehicle, and the engine knock sounds like a diesel.Though not all vehicles are experiencing the problems I have, it appears a number of them are experiencing some of the problems I have when refering to the TSB quick look. Buyer Beware!!!

year end appraisal
By antine on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle, makes going to Home Depot before going out to dinner fun instead of a hastle

LEAK LEAK LEAK
By brokeagain on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Avalanche new in 2001. It's been in the shop at least 7 times because the carpets are constantly soaked. The dealer keeps trying to tell me the drains are clogged. WHAT DRAINS and WHY ARE THEY CLOGGED??? The last time it was in they showed me 2 holes in the floor at the front of the bed under a flap . I was told by the SERVICE MANAGER " your not supposed to use it like a truck because its an SUV." I was using it to bring leaf bags to the dump. Nothing major....right?

perfect
By charles Henthorn on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2002 Northface Avalanche is the best truck we've ever driven. The handeling is great, easy to drive, very comfortable. I call it my Mercedes on steroids. It always performs like a pro, always able to do what I need. From flowers to plywood, to china cabinets to family. Very minimal road noise and good sound system. The mileage is good for a truck of this size. Would not give it up for anything on the road today.

Avalanche
By Slapshot on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck is great. Just like driving a couch. More comfortable than I thought a truck could be. All the power you need. I pull a 22 foot fishing boat with no problem. I have dropped the rear folding seat to carry 8' sheets of plywood and the tailgate closes. My 6'2" son fits very comfortably in the back seat.

My Avalanche
By Colt90 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned the Chevy Avalanche Z66 for about 7 months and I LOVE it. It is fun to drive and practical.

avalanch
By streetcop on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I love everything about it execpt that it has no place to store the wireless headphones.

Great Truck
By kenshuck on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I really like this truck. We purchased it to pull our Airstream trailer which it has done flawlessly. Ours is Arrival Blue which is nice but I sure like the yellow. I don't expect to use the back seat access feature to the bed but really like the fold down backseat for our dog.

Great Truck ,Very Happy
By golfzone on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 3 months now (without hardware option) and it is the best vechile ride and the features that is offers are great and with the Z66 option it is well worth it. The XM sateillite radio is great as well . The Bose sound system in these truck is unbeleivable. This truck offers full inside interior not like some of the other trucks out on the market.

The perfect truck
By Aetatis on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my favorite vehicle right now. It is just the right combination of comfort and power. It is so versatile. What other V8 can haul long pieces of lumber covered from a rainstorm at Home Depot? The z66 package rides like a cadillac. But it is still a truck. The midgate function has proved invaluable. I have no complaints!