Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Two Vehicle
By STEVE SURDICK

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been used to tow our show car all over the country and hasn't missed a beat. Storage is one of the best features. We will be looking at the new version when it becomes availiable.

Storage and security are the biggest items we like

More power, it's OK now but that would make this vehicle even more pleasant to live with

New Love
By PJSRIDE

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a new/used Avalanche owner, and I am so happy with my purchace. Somebody pinch me. I traded in a '99 Tahoe, which I was very happy with, but we were approaching 100,000 miles, and hubby said it was time to trade it in. I only test drove Avalanches, because I liked the size and interior of my Tahoe, but would like the versatility of the box for bikes, fishing poles, etc. Also love the look. Love the zip, steers like a car, so so happy.

Stereo rocks, looks hip and sporty, drives well, dual climate control.

Every Avalanche we test drove whined in 4WD. We were told it was an Avalanche thing. Also would like to be able to unlock the tailgate with my keyless or from inside.

Great truck but a gas guzzler
By Dee

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck runs great and the ride is comfortable with excellent handling. Only complaint is that gas mileage is very poor and visibility when backing up is horrible

Interior, exterior, handling, good looks, very versatile suv

Gas guzzler and no visibility when backing up

Satisfied customer
By Kevin

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle does it all and looks good doing it. Doesn't beat you up on long drives. Pulls heavy loads with ease 2 horses in a 16 ft. stock trailer no problem. Zero mechanical problems love the engine it even sounds strong. Interior is very comfortable and has toys everywhere. Dual zone temp control works like a champ.

You will love the ride of a truck this huge and the covered bed makes life easy. All my friends like the rear cargo storage pockets they are very deep and can hold cold beverages with ice. The tilting rear mirror option is pretty cool. The sub takes the stereo above the rest.

Make the tail gate lock electric with the doors. Open door warning for the tailgate. Can't tell when it is down and can't hear it if it falls down going down the road. Take out the rake looks better setting level. Through in a 20 inch rim option and a bigger sub for the stero.

Only one major problem
By rtonon

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had an F150 before the Avalanche. The Avalanche's ride and quietness rivals that of a quality sedan. Bose stereo is incredible. Love the midgate and what it allows you to do. No other truck can do what this truck does. I've used this feature several times and am glad I had this vehicle. A negative would be having to move the fronts seats foward to allow the rear seat to fold down to fully lower the midgate. A removable rear seat headrest would solve the problem. I now have 71000 miles and have yet to do anything but normal oil changes. Brakes are original still. Still love the truck

Smoothness of ride and quietness and the functionality of the midgate.

Make use of the midgate without having to move the front seats forward. Fuel module went out at 80mph, shutting down EVERYTHING. Coasted to the shoulder and towed it to dealer. 3 days and $850 later, they found and repaired the problem. No answer on how or why it occurred. Ext. warr. next time!