2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Just right
By Johnec on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Toyota and Ford lacked in power, The Dodge felt like a go-cart, The Avalanche felt like a SUV, but had the function of a truck and the room and comfort that only SUV's had. I was hell-bent on buying the New Ford F-150 but after one test drive I was hooked on the Avalanche, this is one decision I am glad I made, WOW what a truck.

2003 Chevy Avalanche
By James Panzica on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased in July 2003, and I now have 6,500 miles on it. There have been zero problems with it. The only work needed was oil changes. Fuel economy here in a New England winter, short driving distances, runs about 10.5 mpg. Summer will take it up to 12.5. It is an exceptionally quiet vehicle, in terms of both interior and engine noise. The only complaint is that there should be more use of fabric instead of just plain plastic.

1 year and I still love this truck
By joshb2j on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Almost weekly I am reminded of why I bought this truck--versatility with comfort and plenty of passengar and storage room. We comfortably travel with a family of four and there is a ton of room to store bags, strollers, and the like. Fuel economy blows, especially when gas is like $1.75 and you have a 35 gallon tank, but I would recommend this truck to anyone who wants an SUV and the flexibility to haul things in a truck bed. Love it, Love it, Love it.

Solid Performer
By onychomycosis on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my first one as soon as they came out here in FL. Liked it a lot and liked a black one with all the new 03' toys and traded for it. This is luxury and truck combined. Just wish it ran on hydrogen instead of gas.

Lovin every minute
By atlglflvr on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I did not consider the Avalanche when considering a truck. My daughter actually suggested I look at one and boy am I glad I did. This is a great multi-purpose vehicle and would recommend it to anyone looking for an SUV but wanting the versatility of a truck.

Love this truck
By Paul Watters on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck does alot for your money. Quiet ride, and great information center. Bose radio and on star Lay the back seat and haul long things.

One great truck
By Chuck Militti on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Fantastic on and off road, quiet, powerful, comfortable and user friendly. Lockable storage is outstanding. Conversion of truck bed is easy and does not leak.

AVALANCH Z-71
By ELIJAH on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

OVERALL,I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY AVALANCH ONLY ONE THING NAGS ME. IT'S A VIBRATING NOISE I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHERE IT'S COMING FROM. IT COULD BE FROM FROM THE VEHICHELS MUFFLER AND OR BOTTOM PROTECTIVE PLATES.

Functional Hummer
By mdddsp on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Versatile and fun.The looks convey power and strength and the Avalanche performs to how it looks.

avalanche strong truck
By alaskan on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

good truck. Dependability on all terrain.good looking truck with nice style. for me it'sthe best that chev. Truck I ever drove.