2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Avalanche Rules
By Freddy Wayne Montoya on 11/09/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Avalanche for 3 yrs. now. No problems to report, just oil changes and gas! Very roomy interior, love the leather. Drives great, gas mieage is good I think considering the truck and its capabilities. After all, gas mileage in an V-8 is really up to the driver! Overall, I am very happy with this truck and I would recommend it highly to anyone.

Just Perfect
By Dave on 11/09/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've always loved 4-door pick up trucks and I was for 3 years the proud owner of an Explorer Sport Trac but had been looking to replace it with a bigger more comfortable truck so I could feel more secure on the heavy traffic of the I-10. The Avalanche was the obvious answer. Better comfort ride, stronger transmission and more luxurious than the sport trac and actually has the same fuel economy as my old truck. I bought it used but it rides just as new.

Awesome Avalanche
By Paul Souza on 11/05/06 16:21 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is by far the best motor vehicle we have purchased. Driving for over 30 years in four season weather the Chevy Avalance is everything we dreamed of. The price was great considering all of the options and versitility this vehicle offers. If you can afford it and need an awesome vehicle this is it!

'03 Avalanche
By dave711 on 10/27/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Never had it back to dealer for anything. Change the oil and put in gas and go. Very smooth and quiet ride along with the largest trunk of any vehicle ever made. The heated leather seats are very comfortable and great for long drives. Definitely the ultimate utility vehicle.

Great comfortable powerful truck
By RyanJames on 04/17/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well let's start with the bulletproof drivetrain. 295 hp, rock solid and quick... great transmission. Interior is great, not too flashy and very comfortable seats. The truck is very useable, the bed is decently large, and the cover works as a tonneau. I have driven this truck on over 4500 mile road trips and will not stop going. I have just passed 80,000 miles and not a single problem. Gas mileage is around 15.5 in town and over 19 on the highway.

Two Vehicle
By STEVE SURDICK on 03/20/06 11:29 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been used to tow our show car all over the country and hasn't missed a beat. Storage is one of the best features. We will be looking at the new version when it becomes availiable.

New Love
By PJSRIDE on 02/27/06 11:29 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a new/used Avalanche owner, and I am so happy with my purchace. Somebody pinch me. I traded in a '99 Tahoe, which I was very happy with, but we were approaching 100,000 miles, and hubby said it was time to trade it in. I only test drove Avalanches, because I liked the size and interior of my Tahoe, but would like the versatility of the box for bikes, fishing poles, etc. Also love the look. Love the zip, steers like a car, so so happy.

Great truck but a gas guzzler
By Dee on 02/22/06 00:08 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The truck runs great and the ride is comfortable with excellent handling. Only complaint is that gas mileage is very poor and visibility when backing up is horrible

Satisfied customer
By Kevin on 02/11/06 01:17 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle does it all and looks good doing it. Doesn't beat you up on long drives. Pulls heavy loads with ease 2 horses in a 16 ft. stock trailer no problem. Zero mechanical problems love the engine it even sounds strong. Interior is very comfortable and has toys everywhere. Dual zone temp control works like a champ.

Only one major problem
By rtonon on 01/29/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had an F150 before the Avalanche. The Avalanche's ride and quietness rivals that of a quality sedan. Bose stereo is incredible. Love the midgate and what it allows you to do. No other truck can do what this truck does. I've used this feature several times and am glad I had this vehicle. A negative would be having to move the fronts seats foward to allow the rear seat to fold down to fully lower the midgate. A removable rear seat headrest would solve the problem. I now have 71000 miles and have yet to do anything but normal oil changes. Brakes are original still. Still love the truck