2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Avalanche: Functional,Practical, and Fun
By dean on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The avalanche is a highly usefull and practical truck. The only downside to the avalanche is that you are limited to front seat capacity, 2 or 3 depending on seat option selected, if you utilize the fold down mid gate function. Aside from that minor inconvenience it is one awesome machine. It rides like a full side touring car and corners much better than any truck I ever drove, with Z71 of course. Test drive one and get hooked. The bells and whistles that come standard are better than what you will find on Ford or Dodge.

This vehicles is AWESOME!
By New Avalanche Owner! on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Avalanche about a week ago, and I have loved it ever since. It is everything that the brochures say it is; a very versatile, accomodating, comfortable SUV that I can drive to work during the week and load up with all kinds of stuff on the weekends (like mulch, lumber, my Great Dane, etc.)! I only wish I had a longer commute to work; when I finally get there, I find myself wanting to keep driving!!

Chevy Avalanche
By billyjcraw on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck (Z66,2x2 driving package) drives like a large car, smooth and quiet. The leather seating is comfortable, power is good. Turning radius leaves something to be desired. The styling is definitely for a particular taste. I like that I'm getting a scaled down Cadillac Escalade (Same frame and body is used but with little style and cosmetic changes).I'm interested in how reliable it will turn out to be. I've picked up an annoying speed related noise coming from under the hood at about mile 3,000.

Change for a Dollar
By healdj on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As I was getting out my Avalanche I herd "Hey, is that one of them there change for a dollar trucks?" "Yep," I said. And then it was off on my normal show a tell for the mid-gate for the Avalanche. This truck gets attention, where ever it goes. Rather it's with the mid-gate down and hauling a load of junk to the dump or mid-gate up and rear window in place, hauling the boat to take the family fishing; everyone wants a look at the Avalanche. And I swear, the more attention it gets, the better it runs. Work or play, the Avalanche does it equally well and with style.

This truck is great!
By Jerryishere on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has the ride of a luxury vehicle as compared to other trucks that I have owned in the past. It handles very well as compared to other trucks I test drove before purchasing this one. Others seemed to be top heavy and leaned when making turns. The Avalanche has a very stable and quiet ride.