Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

avalanche 2003
By char

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

im very happy with my new 03 avalanche.. i had a 99 silverado Z71 ext cab. previous to this avalanche and a 96 chevy silverado before the 99.. im a chevy person and buy thier product for the dependability.. in my business i need something that will handle the mileage and the weather.. having 2 growing boys and a dog just as big i wanted a new vehicle for room but still have my truck space for work and camping supplies... (the avalanche has a tent and air matress that can be purchased for it.. which to me is a good investment.. all in all, its a good truck...

the tent and air mattress for the bed of the avalanche...

somehow make the plastic molding along the bottom of the doors and rocker panel, close up against the bottom of the door instead of having it exposed to the elements.. this way dirt and grim wont get up in between the door and the molding and create rust...

the best
By scooter

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the avalanche north face is the best!! the chicks dig it and the guys wish they had one.

everything

none

Do It All Vehicle
By btec75

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Gutsy SUV combo, many uses. Will fit in most gargages at home. Solves trade off of long length with midgate.Owned my '03 Z71 Avalanche since December 2002, equiping with Convenience and Personal Security Packages, Sunroof, Leather and HD Tow Pkg. Best vehicle I've even owned in over 30 years of driving. Solid and rugged. Chevy did something unique with the Avalanche. If you're not accustom to larger SUV's or pickups this may not be the vehicle for you. However, if you want something tough but comfortable and can climb into the vehicle, you found it. "Like A Rock" -- I love my Avalance.

Z71 Package, Midgate, DIC (Driver Information Console), Bose Sound System, Bed Liner, Hard Top Bed Cover, Side Storage, extreamly comfortable ride for a truck.

Offer better tires than Goodyear (may improve steering and braking performance which could be better), better gas economy without performance sacrifice

Love It!
By Sunlinerdude

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always been a truck consumer. I had overlooked the Avelanche in the past thinking it was a gimick vehicle. After driving it and really looking at all it has to offer, I am hoping that in three years when I need to replace this vehicle there will still be another one available. I love this truck and all of its features.

I like that they offer many of the sterring wheel controls that you would find in a Caddilac. I also find the ride to be outstanding for a truck.

I have the sport cloth and I am dissapointed that it does not have lumbar support. I would add this to all future models

Avalanche,a good choise.
By Loren Guinn

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Siyle, comfort, useability, size and all around good looks. I chose not to include the add-on plastic, it looks tackey and has no use. I have been delighted with the ride and power. I purchased the 66 towing package and the best seats. I am one happy camper.

Everything overall, seats in paticular.

Include side steps on all units.