Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Colorado Avs Fan
By cleored

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

From a 2001 Explorer XLS to a 2002 Trailblazer LS to the 2003 Z71 Avalanche, I feel like I have arrived at the top of the mountain. It rides like my wife's 2003 Tahoe LT and can haul a lot more. I need to haul samples, literature, & displays as well as clients. I pull a loaded trailer occasionaly and I can hardly tell its there.

Favorite Features

The versatility to be a full size truck or a full size SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Power locking tailgate. eliminate rear window glare!!

Loaded AV in SETexas
By American Man

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought my Avalanche (AV). Full function buckets are awesome; Ride package is better than any other truck I have had in the past (Dodge, Chevy, Ford). Convenience package is great (O/S mirrors are good choice, adjustable pedals for the wife are a big hit as well! Appearance is sharpened dramitically without the body hardware! With the Z66 package, the truck sits up nicely (17" rims/tires). Engine provides ample power.

Favorite Features

Full-function buckets, O/S mirrors, adjustable pedals, without body hardware, 5.3L V8 engine, FITS IN MY GARAGE!

Suggested Improvements

Rear vision (very hard to see when backing up), nerf bars standard (ground clearance is high), fuel economy (could be better, but still better than most trucks), front fascia (needs better lines)

Like A Rock
By Bowtie

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I finally bought the truck after following the model since I saw it on a poster in the dealership in 2000. I love the truck and I am not disappointed in any feature of this truck. It handles great, look even better and is extremely versatile. I recommend this truck to anyone.

Favorite Features

changeable midgate, power folding mirrors, turn signals on side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage, permanent box or slot to store rear panels.

Fun to drive again
By Horace

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

A great combinaton of SUV and pickup all wrapped up into one. A truck that rides like a car on the highway and has all the features of comfort of a car put into a truck package.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the ride, fully loaded on the highway. The Driver information system provides more than enough information. The Radio controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Move the Heated Seats control away from the side next to the power windows controls. Constantly getting turned on when operating the windows.

'03 Avalanche - Soooo Fun!
By Tony K.

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Our Avalanche came with the WBH option (Without Body Hardware). We decided that less is more in this case because the body hardware, also called side cladding, on the Avalanche is an awful lot of extra surface area to Armor- All. Our vehicle is a dark charcoal, and looks very coordinated with the windows tinted (Las Vegas weather). This truck/SUV is fantastic. It is beautiful, rides very smoothly, rides high for excellent freeway visibility, is very quiet, and is extremely powerful, even with the 1500 5.3 litre engine!

Favorite Features

The water proof hard panel covering over the bed, the collapsible midgate (which converts your SUV into a pickup truck), and the intelligent driver information system are all features that make the Avalanche so unique and fun!

Suggested Improvements

I couldn't suggest any changes! The college boy that came up with the Avalanche idea should be a VP at Chevrolet by now!