Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
My Avalanche = my buddy
By Big-Daddy on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I drive this teuck 650 miles a week. It is my family's choice to ride in when we go out. I have used it to haul lumber, as trasnportation on a 5 adult trip, and as a commuter vehicle. The comfort and drivability are superb. I am amazed at how nice it rides, and yet is an exceptionally functional truck. It even fits in the garage.

Avalanche
By Dnk inc on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The avalance is a fun to drive truck.This truck allows me to haul the equipment needed for work but aso gives me the freedom to take my family places on the weekends. The extended bed allows for more hauling space. I can carry 8ft of drywall or other material. Overall, the avalanche has the best of both worlds.

Master of all trades
By Beez on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck does it all. I have driven Ford Lariats the past 5 years, but after seeing the Avalanche I decided to give Chevrolet another chance. I needed alot of interior room to transport clients, but still needed the truck box to haul items. There are even storage compartments on the rear sides that I use as toolboxes and/or coolers. Most people can't believe the smooth quiet ride. Best vehicle I've ever owned!

Two Vehicles in One
By mvaillan on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I needed a vehicle that I could use for hauling Home Depot supplies, fire wood, wood chips, dirt and all the other basic home owner truck type activities. I also needed a vehicle to take on family trips, hauling luggage and camping gear. I have 2 growing boys (11&12 yrs old) that have been complaining about being cramped in the back of the my extended cab Dodge Dakota for a couple of years now. The Avalanche is solving all of my needs - it'll haul pretty much anything I need and is a nice big highway cruiser for our many family annual trips - my boys love all of the room in the back seat now! A pickup truck and a SUV all in one vehicle!

My 2002 Avalanche
By Raughammer on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been 100% satisfied with the SUT Avalanche. Dont have one? Dont go drive one... or you will.

Perfect truck for any reason
By Hans2 on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best truck on the road.I like the looks Very quiet. I have Z71 option. Ride is a little stiff, but needs to be for off road. I wish for 6.0 liter engine. The 8.1 is too much.

I'm caught up in an Avalanche!
By Misty Moo on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just sitting in the Chevy Avalanche is HEAVEN! That's all that can be said about something God-sent!!!!

Very nice truck!
By TruckinLady on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The avalanch is a very versitle and enjoyable truck. For me as a homeowner and family person it's perfect for hauling, truckin' my stuff around or my kids. VERY smooth ride, easy to drive, and easy to modify from truck to SUV. Interior is nice, but not lexus style... so a few knocks there. But durable. Also, fuel economy isn't great but what did you expect?

New Owner
By Larry S. Hawkins on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The secound chevy buy in 31 years. Went to buy the F150 ford and test drove the Avalanche and fell in love. this 2003 is the best pickup in its class.

Excellent Vehicle
By Lisa on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is versitile. It has extremely comfortable seating and plenty of room for each person. The ride is incredible. You would never know that you were driving such a big truck. You feel totally safe and secure on the road in this vehicle. We would recommend it to anyone, especially those with children.