2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Chevy has regained the throne
By ksliger on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This design has fit in perfectly with my families needs. It seats 5 comfortably with the midgate up yet still has the capability of being used as a full-size pick-up when required. It is a joy to drive and has a superb ride. I was pleasantly suprised when I checked the gas mileage on a trip to Dallas...18.9 mpg. That is fantastic for a truck. The interior is both beautiful and functional.

versatile
By AVALANCHE USER on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

nice vehicle to drive and as a towing vehicle it is versatile. Will haul and tow anything. Works will as a people mover to.

chevy has a winner
By dunnehy on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i love this truck had three suv's prior to this truck lots of changes from 2002 model drives almost like a car for now better than my suv's you dont need 4x4 get 2x4 with traction and you will not have any problems in winter this is my first cheny and if this truck continue performing like it is now i will continue to drive a chevy gas mileage is not good but what do you expect for a truck this big i have the 1500 2 x 4 with all the trimmings except for sun roof just let the mid gate down

SS Avalanche
By doubletap 407 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I HAVE 32000 MILES ON MINE AND I STILL LOVE IT! HAVE HAULED IT WITH THE BED LEVEL FULL OF DIRT, AND WITH 30 SHEETS OF 1/2" PLYWOOD, AT DIFFERENT TIMES OF COURSE BUT IT DID GREAT! I HAVE PUT ON A MORE OPEN EXHAUST, AND NOW GET 19 MPG ON THE HWY.I ALSO HAVE A 2002 SUPER CREW 1/2 TON FORD AND THE AVALANCHE IS 4 TIMES THE TRUCK. BETTER RIDE BETTER HORSEPOWER AND GAS MILEAGE.

WOOHOO !
By Graham on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was surprised to say the least I went from a BMW 325i to this monster and Im loving every minute of it ! Yes the MPGs are horrible ... but overall driving and feeling like you own the road and safety make this a truck/car/whatever Im keeping for years to come. I just wish Chevy had put a diesel in there !

Great Combination!
By qtplavy on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the smooth ride, comfortable, roomy of the truck. Good power, brakes. Stick with the road real good. The engine is kinda heavy first 500 miles. Offer almost the same quality as Cadillac with 10k less.

Nothing Like It On The Road
By harley02 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one great truck/suv/vehicle. You get the best of all worlds. Very comfortable ride. My only issue is with the plastic clading...it scratches easy, which really sticks out. The only alternative is to order one w/o the clading, but then it looks strange..catch 22. BE AWARE..On-Star will cause issues if you plan to install an after market stereo system. The On-Star is tied to the stock stereo and if you replace the stock deck..no more On-Star. There are converters ($100) to keep On-Star. I wish dealer had told me prior to purchase regarding On_Star issue. Bottom line...great truck!!

Chevy's Better Idea
By BlackAV on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

GM/Chevrolet produced a nice "two in one" vehicle with the Avalanche/Esclade EXT (although the AV is probably the better bang for the buck). Smooth ride and drives smaller than it looks. Steering is a bit loose, but doesn't pitch badly on turns. Brake pedal is spongy, but still stops well. People who complain about the mileage should buy a smaller 6 cylinder vehicle. Toyota Tundra doesn't do much better with less room. Acceleration is decent, but not overpowering. I've changed the exhaust to duals and it helps. Easy to change. Fun to drive and gets a lot of looks.

Still in the break in period
By Fire Inspector on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Miles per gallon? what do you pepole expect, look at the thing.None of us bought it without thinking this thing looks like it has got some big round ones. It's huge. I Like to see the cadi drivers and know I have the same thing but for half $. Does not bother me about the "leaking cover" (its a truck)remmember? cargo still stays dryer then in the Ramm or f-Series. I just worry like the rest about water in the cab from the mid-gate.

The Ultimate Utility Vehicle
By randal Shinn on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The avalanche is the most versatile, comfortable vehicle we have ever owned. It rides like a dream and has plenty of room for our large family. We have taken it on many trips and have enjoyed the combination of comfort and practicality in transporting and hauling camping equipment, etc...By far the most enjoyable vehicle we have ever owned. We have been a truck and SUV family for over 20 years and the avalanche is the perfect combination of truck and SUV.