Used 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Love My AvalancheZ71
By IrishC6996

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Beautiful to look at. Fun to drive.

Full leather and all the whistles and bells offered. But I love the control for all the electronics on the steering wheel.

Make the fold down back split so you can put down only one side when needed and that way you can still carry 2 passengers in the back.

The 2500 is SOOO Much ~FASTER~
By Loreen

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I could NOT tell you how much I LOVE my truck! I tryed the smaller Avalanche 1500 first and really like it, but the 2500 just blew me away!! I could not sign the papers fast enough to get this baby in the garage. I can't imagine driving anything else. By far the coolest truck on the road. ( as far as I'm concerned) It Rocks~

ENGINE~POWER! EXTREMELY comfortable! I can't pick one feature! LOVE the heated seats....... See, I can't pick just one!

......... Gotta skip this part too.... Would NOT change a thing.

Luv It!
By Joe Clark

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab Rwd (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like my Avalanche more now than when I bought it. The only thing that would be a nice addition would be backup sensors, since it is difficult to see out the rear window and you must almost totally depend on your side mirror. It is ok, but takes some getting use to. Otherwise I love it!

Interior room and comfort great. The engine is very responsive and certainly more than adequate for my needs. A fun vehicle to drive and for those that love the outdoors, it is perfect!

Again, backup sensors would be a nice addition. It is difficult to see out the rear window so backing is more difficult with this vehicle. Gas mileage could always be better.

I'm in Love
By j prater

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche. I bought and 02 with a cloth interior--it didn't do well with my Jack Russell Terrier who sheds madly. After he made a trip thru it, it took 3 hours to get the hair out of the fabric. I traded it 8 months later with 14K miles on it. Never a minute's trouble--we loved it enough to do it again.

Compass, versatility--looking like a car in a lot of ways but with the characteristics of a pickup.

The bright indiicator light is way to bright--I have to drive at night with the brights on a lot and I have to shield the light from the dimmer by positioning my hands awkwardly on the wheel.

avalanche
By ccwaverider

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Drives like a mussle car. Love it.

8.1 liter engine.

The curb assist view should be made available from the mirror controls similar to folding in the mirrors.