Would only trade for a newer one...
By HorseofCourse on
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I bought this vehicle because of its versatility. I have an 8' truck bed when I need it, or seating for five. Rarely do I ever need both, so this is the perfect truck for our family. We use this for camping, boating, and everything else. Now that our firstborn has arrived, my wife loves the security she feels driving it in the city. Everywhere we go (grocery shopping, camping, etc.) people come up and ask me about this truck. You can't wipe the grin off of my face. I've probably given the local Chevy dealers 10 easy sales this year by simply telling people about my Avalanche. GM should be giving me a referral bonus.
Favorite Features
I also love the side compartments for storage in the bed. I have tools, tow rope, an ice scraper, and a flashlight in one storage area, and my fishing gear in the other. The sport leather seats are easy to clean!
Suggested Improvements
Power folding mirrors (available on the 2003 model). Improve the "rain gutter" in the bed. It is relatively flimsy, but does do the job. I've never had any snow/water get into the bed.