THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE EVER OWNED!
By GARY61 on
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
45 yrs. OF OWNING MOST OF THE TYPE OF CARS AND TRUCKS THAT I LIKED AND COULD AFFORD, THE AVALANCHE IS THE BEST OF THE BEST. BEFORE I BOUGHT THE AVALANCHE I HAD A FORD F-150 4-WD EXT. CAB AND I LOVED THAT TRUCK VERY MUCH, TOO, BUT THE AVALANCHE FILLED A PLACE IN MY HEART THAT NO OTHER TRUCK COULD HAVE DONE. IT'S THE BEST OF TWO WORLDS, IT'S A TRUCK WHEN I NEED IT TO BE AND IT'S AN SUV WHEN I WANT IT TO BE AND WITH ALL OF THE COMFORT OF A FINE LUXURY CAR. THE RIDE IS OUTSTANDING AND ROOMINESS IS GREAT FOR FAMILY AND HAS PLENTY OF STORAGE CAP. I WOULDN'T HESITATE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.
Favorite Features
THE ABILITY TO SWITCH FROM A TRUCK TO AN SUV IS THE ONE FEATURE THAT ATTRACTED ME TO BUY IT. OTHERWISE IT WAS JUST A SUBURBAN SUV WHICH I LIKED, BUT WOUND NEVER BUY BECAUSE I NEED A TRUCK MORE TIMES THAN I NEED A SUV.
Suggested Improvements
THE REAR COVER PANELS ARE FADING FAST ARE NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. THE "ON STAR" FEATURE IS A GREAT IDEA, BUT THE COST OF HAVING IT AND RARELY USEING IT DOES NOT JUSTIFY THE HIGH COST. A SIMPLE CELL PHONE IS FASTER AND CHEAPER TO USE.