2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: The Av....

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Review

The Av....
By Nightshift on

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Avalanche, the first was replaced by the dealership within the first week due to electrical problems. They volunteered to replace it! I love this truck! This is the Z66 version. Road trips with the cruise on = 20 mpg, not bad for a brick. City = 11 mpg. I have had no problems with this Avalanche, it's versatile, takes about a minute to change it, unless you remove the hard cover. I have driven it in heavy downpours and have never had any leakage. All I can say, even though it took 2, Chevrolet got it right with the Avalanche, there is nothing else like it.

Radical looks, it turns heads everywhere I go. It will pull a loaded car trailer as if it wasn't back there. Great truck for roadtrips, drives like a car, it's large, comfortable, and will get 20 mpg/hwy on 87 octane.

Change the air induction, the 5.3 is much happier getting a great big dose of cold air verses the restrictive factory airbox. This modifcation gives you faster acceleration and better gas mileage.