2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - My Transformer and Wonder Truck

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

1500 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

My Transformer and Wonder Truck
By Cat Maloy on

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At first site I thought this was the ugliest truck I had ever seen. My son talked me into test driving one. I have been in Love ever since. It rides like a dream and there is enough interior space to make every one comfortable. The Dog even loves it. I have taken it apart for everyone I know and even perfect strangers at a Ford dealership. For the folks that have had trouble with leakage from the back window or gasket, get that truck back to your dealer now! A badly manufactured window that cracked is the culpurate. They replaced the padding and carpet, the window and gasket after torrential rains in our area leaked into the cab of the truck.

Favorite Features

I love being able to carry any and everything no matter how big or small. The plastic body molding prevents dings and is easy to care for. The tailgates locks(I love when it does). Two tone interior incorporated into the dash.

Suggested Improvements

Recall those badly manufactured back windows. Recall the tailgate locking mechanism.