2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Review: Love the Avalanche

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Love the Avalanche
By Shellzz on

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new Avalanche. It serves several special purposes for me personally. First, I wanted an SUV type of vehicle, with 4 doors, that would comfortably tranport passengers. But I have a farm, dogs, horses, etc., and needed a truck that could have bed to haul things in, like hay and feed. We also camp, and wanted a comfortable vehicle to travel the highways and mountain roads, but be able to throw camp fire smelly tents and clothes and muddy items in the back. We found the perfect vehicle! The combination of SUV and Pickup is great.

Love the bed design: locking tailgate with bed cover. Locking bedside compartments. The composite sides/grey area helps avoid rock damage, we live on a gravel road. Love the midgate, works great for taking the dogs on a trip.

I would like to add stereo controls on the steering wheel. The interior on our loaded Z71, is a little on the cheap side...lots of plastic...could use some dressing up on the dash.