Happy Sportsmen
By Happy Sportsman on
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
This has been a great truck to drive and work with. It tows an 6000 lbs boat with no issue. I can take the whole family with me on a Ski trip or outing without having to pack the luggage,skis, hockey,baseball,and soccer equipment on top of the kids or leave them in the bed for the elements to have their way with. I use the truck to get back and forth to my construction job and find the side boxes very useful for my smaller tools and the bed is great for all the heavy equipment, add to that the fact that you can lock everything up and secure it for the night all together with the alarm on is great. I do have a vibration in my back end that no mechanics seam to be able to find or explain.
Favorite Features
Cabin control, Seat adjustments and Midgate. My most favorite are the side step boards especially the ones on the rear bumper. These make access to the bed every day easy
Suggested Improvements
Split the mid gate to a 60/40 for multi purpose uses. Keep the bumper steps and don't take away the everyday convenience items, to make it more of an SUV. Most of us still use our trucks as trucks and what they were meant for. We just have families to bring with us now. This was a great concept.