2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed Consumer Review - GM ON THE LEADING EDGE

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Review

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1500 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.2 ft. Bed)

GM ON THE LEADING EDGE WITH AVALANCHE
By PAUL M. WILSON on

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If I were to design a vehicle, this would probably be it. Lots of room, good performance, quiet, and very versatile. There is enough traction control for almost any circumstance (lock-up rear end, auto 4-wheel, 4- wheel hi and lo, as well of course, 2- wheel drive). We had a customized van for family use and I had a Concorde but at times could have used a pick-up. The Avalanche now takes the place of the van and the Concorde and gives me the truck I occasionally need.

Favorite Features

Handles like a car but is a SUV, or truck when required. It is roomy and fun to drive. I like the distinctive design. The side storage boxes are very usefull. I was surprised at how many items these boxes will hold.

Suggested Improvements

The tailgate could use a remote locking system (lock or unlock with the doors?!). Exterior cargo box lights would be usefull (as other pick-up's). The front seat arm rests are too narrow and could be widened or thickened to be more comfortable.