2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Would only trade for a newer one...
By HorseofCourse on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle because of its versatility. I have an 8' truck bed when I need it, or seating for five. Rarely do I ever need both, so this is the perfect truck for our family. We use this for camping, boating, and everything else. Now that our firstborn has arrived, my wife loves the security she feels driving it in the city. Everywhere we go (grocery shopping, camping, etc.) people come up and ask me about this truck. You can't wipe the grin off of my face. I've probably given the local Chevy dealers 10 easy sales this year by simply telling people about my Avalanche. GM should be giving me a referral bonus.

satisfied customer
By Sat User on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

And all in one vehicle;truck, suv, and family vehicle

Just go buy one
By Mike Malinowski on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Go buy one.

Best truck I've had
By Adolfo on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had trucks before, but the Avalanche jus tops them all. It has a lot of room for the people in the front and even in the back, and I just love the confort of the ride. Is smooth, it seems like if i'm driving a Cadilac.

Not bad
By gwstevenson on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Not a bad truck. I had a K1500, and this is nicer than that truck, but still isn't as good as I could (should) be, especially considering the price. Workmanship/quality isn't nearly as good as it should be. I have upholstery coming unstitched, rattles and vibrations that can't be diagnosed, etc. Overall it isn't too bad though.

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71
By Jgordon05 on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When I first got the Avalanche I knew this was going to be a good truck. It looks great from the inside and out. Lots of features and it stands out. There were lots of changes from 2002 to 2003 such as the dash, radio look, heated seats on your back, BOSE stereo, and the stereo controls on the newly designed steering wheel. The convert a cab is great. Didn't even know how to take it apart, with no manual took it apart in under 5 minutes and put it back together in 5 also.

Perfect for Me
By RevRacer on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have owned my Avalanche for a little over a year and have found it an excellent vehicle to meet my needs. I wanted a vehicle that could comfortably haul 5, tow a car trailer, and be used to carry clients to lunch. Ford SuperCrew was light on tow ability. I liked the looks of the Ram, but ride was harsh and the new Hemi was not out. With 15K miles, averages 14 around town and 17 highway. Very quiet confortable ride. Makes 5 hours on PA Turnpike an easy trip.

AWESOME AVALANCHE
By scou1t on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best SUV ever owned. Versatile as a pickup and easy riding as a Suburban.

Avalanche 1500 Z71
By bduw2000 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very versatile and fun vehicle with an exceptionally smooth ride. The covered box is very convenient for all-weather hauling, and 3-pc.cover is easily stowed in the bag provided. Every feature of the bed and midgate allow the user many options because of the different combinations of open or close, on or off, etc.

Multipurpose Vehicle
By Pugmaster on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Aval. Z66 was very smooth. Comfortable with bucket seats. Versatile use as truck or as 5-passanger SUV. Very useful storage bins on either side of truck bed. Bumper foot assist and handle made it very easy to climb in or out of the back. I traded my 02 Z66 for an 03 Z71 because I like this vehicle very much! The 4-wheel drive will come in handy.