2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
ugly but no problems
By miles(((((c on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

my wife drives this truck to work and i use it whenever i have to pull a trailer or tote family around the outside plastic makes it ugly but the pulling power and comfort to drive make up for looks the only thing that iv found it has to put any effort into pulling is my 71 f100 and the 1500 lb car trailer other than that 17 inch tires are expensive im almost thru my 1st set pricing the next after45000 miles

It is big
By bigj4617 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like every thing about my Avalanche except the gas mileage. I am considering putting a camper top on it because the bed with the covers on it is to low to haul large objects with out exposing them to the elements. all in all i am very pleased with the truck and would buy another one.

ms
By mollysue on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very quiet easy to drive vehicle. For those wanting a big SUV this is the one. You can take it any where, big city or two track.

The Beaste
By H. Pollak on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What to say... When I forst saw the previews in '99 I was impressed. Now that I'm an owner, I'm even more impressed. Vary little body role, great get up and go, I get anywhere from 18-21 MPG pretty regularly. Though I have to say I have made some modifications. Not only is it a big vehical it drives like one. Parking is no problem. I'm used to larger trucks. the only area I have a problem with is being able to see out the rear end. It has its challenges. Overall, best bang for the buck. Most versitle truck I have ever owned and I've owned many.

Great vehicle
By pastordl on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very good overall. I do have a clunking sound in the front that the dealer has yet to find.

its a great truck
By jjjjjj on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would recommend this vehicle to any consumer who wants to buy a safe, reliable,and very stylish truck with lots of power for on road driving and off roading.

WORLDS BEST VEHICLE
By CHRISTOPHER on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I'VE PURCHASED 7 NEW CARS IN THE PAST 12 YEARS AND THIS BY FAR IS THE MOST DEPENDABLE VEHICLE I'VE OWNE INCLUDING A MAZDA, HONDA, NISSAN, SUBARU AND 3 FORDS. I'VE TOWED MY TRAVEL TRAILER ON 2 LONG TRIPS INCLUDING YELLOW STONE PARK WITH MY AVALANCE, THE RIDE WAS VERY COMFORTABLE. MY AVALANCHE HAS ONLY BEEN TO THE DEALER ONE TIME FOR A SHOCK REPLACEMENT. BY FAR THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED AND WILL TRADE FOR ANOTHER AVALANCHE EVENTUALLY. THE GAS MILEAGE IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS MY SUBARU OUTBACK I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER FORD. UNFORTUNATELY I HAD MANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THEM. THIS IS THE FIRST CHEVY I HAVE EVER PURCHASED AND I'M VERY IM- PRESSED.

Bad Brakes
By Domdeg on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Truck overall: I like it. Braking system: Poor. Just dont grab... Watch out for quickly changing traffic lights....cause you will have to go through em. Also the rear window makes it very difficult to park.

What an awesome truck
By fosty47 on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

You must drive an Avalanche to experience the excellent ride and handling.

luv it
By redtruck on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives & rides better than previous 89 GMC truck. Tows 3,000 trailer so well that I forget it's there, until I have to stop....