2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Best truck ever
By Aval Z71 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Unless you are a rancher, this is the best all around truck ever. It tows like a Mack, rides like a Caddy, and changes like a Letherman pocket knife. It has taken my family and towed my 14ft trailer with two full size quads all over So AZ.

UP TIPP
By ROBER7 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT TRUCK. VERY COMFORTABLE RIDE. ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT IS HEAVY ON GAS IN CITY DRIVING

Ways to improve gas mileage and comfort
By crossroads50 on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

For those of you who are complaining about gas mileage please listen up. The first 36,000 were with all stock parts. Now that the original warranty is up I have added a flowmaster exhaust kit with dual cat tips and a K&N Fuel injection performance kit which increase my gas mileage, 3 to 4 mpg. Remember to keep your feul injection system clean ( every 15,000 or so for the avalanche ) Like with any vehicle keep up on your maintenance and your vehicle will work better for you. I'm happy I chose the 2002 Z71 Avalache over the suburban and the cadillac suv.

Versatility&Comfort!
By GullieZ71 on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Z71 leather package when they first came to the market. 30,000 miles later I have to say that the more I drive it the more I like it. Wife loves the comfy heated seats more than her Mercedes. I love the smooth ride and the fact that I can pull a horse trailer, put hay, feed, tack in the back but still feel like i am driving a Caddy.

uniqe
By paul rossi on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ive owned vehical over two years. I HAVE USED IT FOR TOWING A 26FT TRAILER SAILER.CARTED AROUND MY FAMILY OF FOUR AND WORKED OUT OF IT ON MY HVAC BUISNESS.NICE QUIET RIDE,TIGHT TURNING RADIUS FOR A TRUCK ESPECIALY WHEN I COMPARE IT TO MY 96 SILVERODO EX CAB PICKUP I OWNED PRIOR TO IT.LONG RIDES IN EXCESS OF TWO HOURS DO TEND TO MAKE IT A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE ON LEGS IN DRIVERS SEAT ,BUT THEN AGAIN I AM 6'2''250LBS.ALL OTHER SEATING VERY ROOMY,EVEN ON 3 PER ROW.

Avalanche is Smart's Man's EXT!
By Cache on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking into buying a 2500 HD w/ 4Drs. Fell in love with Avalanche upon seeing. Midgate makes sense! Would have bought the Caddy, but too much cache! Engineers/Designers did well, but let's not relax just yet! Finish the job! Can you say luxury? Stop with trying to cheaping the Ava. For the price, the Ava should be more accessorized nicely!

Excellent Truck
By Dave Dilllon on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I Love it, my grandkids love riding in it.It rides just as good if not better than my Town car. I have put over 36,000 miles on it. 93% highway miles, driving through most of the mid and Atlantic states. Never had a problem of any kind. I change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles. Best truck I have ever owned. Love the ride and the handling, Towing 6 to 7,000 lbs is a breeze with the tow package.

try again chevrolet!!!
By winston on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All though the 2002 Avalanche is an innovative design it is poorly designed from stem to stern. Specifically, head lamps that hold water/condensation,engine air vents that collect all sorts of debris,plastic side panels that will probably cause corrosion problems in thefuture, combo leather and cloth seats that are absolutely uncmfortable after 30to 45min of driving, a fold down bed extension system that leaks and a covered bed design that the chevy dealer says is water resistant, ie it leaks, yup you guessed it by luggage and golf clubs have gotten wet more than once. To sum it up Dont buy the avalanche, built like a rock and worth about as much!

Utilitiful truck ever...
By k_k on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What more can I say that the Av is everything I'm looking for in a truck. Hauling stuff, kids, camping friendly, etc. At first, I thought it was ugly until it grew on me. It could use some improvement in performance that the acceleration felt flat from stop unless you stomp on it, a little play in the steering feedback, and brakes just doesnt grab well.

ugly but no problems
By miles(((((c on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

my wife drives this truck to work and i use it whenever i have to pull a trailer or tote family around the outside plastic makes it ugly but the pulling power and comfort to drive make up for looks the only thing that iv found it has to put any effort into pulling is my 71 f100 and the 1500 lb car trailer other than that 17 inch tires are expensive im almost thru my 1st set pricing the next after45000 miles