Used 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 187 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

If you have to own a truck this is it.
By THEDOM

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been nothing short of great. It's dependable and looks great. The only problem I ever had was the front bearings at 92k. I'm ready to purchase another soon and looking forward to another great vehicle

Overhead console with dvd player

200k no problems
By mike

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 and put 200k on it b4 I sold it. Never had a problem other than a plugged sock in the fuel pump from dirty fuel. never rattled, squeaked. flexed. I towed the heck out of this truck and changed oil at 10k to 12k miles. after about 200k was using 1 qt in between changes. I now have a 2007 w/ 130 and it's even better.

Happy Sportsmen
By Happy Sportsman

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck to drive and work with. It tows an 6000 lbs boat with no issue. I can take the whole family with me on a Ski trip or outing without having to pack the luggage,skis, hockey,baseball,and soccer equipment on top of the kids or leave them in the bed for the elements to have their way with. I use the truck to get back and forth to my construction job and find the side boxes very useful for my smaller tools and the bed is great for all the heavy equipment, add to that the fact that you can lock everything up and secure it for the night all together with the alarm on is great. I do have a vibration in my back end that no mechanics seam to be able to find or explain.

Cabin control, Seat adjustments and Midgate. My most favorite are the side step boards especially the ones on the rear bumper. These make access to the bed every day easy

Split the mid gate to a 60/40 for multi purpose uses. Keep the bumper steps and don't take away the everyday convenience items, to make it more of an SUV. Most of us still use our trucks as trucks and what they were meant for. We just have families to bring with us now. This was a great concept.

Amazing Z71 Truck!!
By jharken

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has it all! It looks great and the ride is even better! The inside of the vehicle is well built and everything is within easy reach. Had only one problem with a CV joint but its a 7 year old truck stuff will break eventually. And the best part is I still get 16-18 miles a gallon with this giant!

The body cladding and the hard bed cover!

You know I just cant think of any.

Awesome Avalanche
By jrwjr99

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle although very fun to drive and extremely versatile, is one to keep in the garage until needed for work or play. Not the best communting vehicle because of the mileage. But all things being said this is a really fun truck to have if you have a family.

Handling, drives like a Cadillac, and a tank.

Mileage, even the newer ones are still very high, but this is a design flaw with all trucks.