2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
2002 AVALANCHE
By JOHNRONN on 02/28/02 13:01 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We switched from toyota 4-runners and bought an Avalanche as opposed to a toyota sequoia. We have had the vehicle for 6 months and it has been flawless so far. My only complaints about the design are that the storage compartments in the fenders are not dustproof and the space over the wheel wells on the fenders are not protected from other people opening the car doors and smashing them into the side of the Avalanches fender.

Chev avalanche
By austin petzke on 02/27/02 14:20 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this truck has been used to transport furniture, tow a boat and move people, it has done all exceptionally well. It is comfortable to ride in and drive, in fact it rides very well for a truck.

I love it,...
By Chevy Hater (ex-) on 02/27/02 01:13 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love it, wish it got a bit better mileage, but on a truck this big you can't really do much about it. It has more than enough horse power for most any job. I love the way it looks. I think I might upgrade mine to a 2500 though.

Cargo Compartment Door Latch
By Nwankama Nwankama on 02/22/02 01:14 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was an unlikely convert to Chevy. Having been a Toyota and Honda owner in the past, I have come to appreciate reliability. However, I test drove the Avalanche and fell in love with it, and bought one. But I have a concern: is it a faulty build or design? On two occassions while driving my Avi, the cargo bed door has open by itself. On one accasion, I actually had it locked with the key. Has any othe rperson experienced this, or is something wrong with Avalanche?