2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
2002 Avalanche 8.1 2500
By Gary Pfahler on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the 8.1 2500 Avalanche since Sept. Nicest truck I have owned.

Avalanche owner review
By MassiveAvalanche on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle since November of 2001. All i can say is this truck is fantastic. They have opened so many doors to the idea of having a truck. Its amazingly more pratical then an average truck, its powerful, and its so unique. Every pickup truck looks like every other pickup truck, apart from the grille. But the Avalanche has given a completely new look to a pickup truck. One that i find to be agressive (which in my opinion is AWESOME!) I have had no problems with it, and love it 100%. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By Avalanche2002 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

Very powerful 2500 Avalanche with 8.1L vortec engine. 14 miles/gallon, very smooth ride, good pick up for an over 3 ton vehicle. very little sway on curves. strong runner, no complaints.

Great Truck!
By Dave123 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It is a monster... Just what I wanted... The flexibility with the ride and comfort... Lots of fun...

Ya gotta love it
By rodebykr on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In response to a March 2002 review, yes, my tailgate has opened on its own several times. The trick is to close it firmly & try to open before you move. If its tight, it will stay closed. If not, it will sound like you ran over something when it drops opens! I had a problem with water leaks in the 3-piece bed cover. The seals did not appear to be attached well & water sometimes poured in. Per the dealer, the seals are not factory installed, but are installed at some later time. To correct, the dealer first tried to reseat the seals. This wasn't a complete fix, so they borrowed a cover off another truck & I've had no problems since.

Avalanche 1500 2WD is truck luxury!
By lizzieann on 03/14/02 22:12 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Finally, automakers took heed to consumers. No more borrowing hubby's F150. Went from a Celica to the Avi & eased my road rage. 13K miles & we're still happy. A few quirks that need to mentioned. Midgate gasket can leak if not installed correctly. Leaking only visible when back seats down, check for deformities. (Not covered by warranty, but dealer should work with you soon after purchase.) Side exterior body moulding held on by expanded, plastic clips & adhesive. Watch for loosening (Body moulding only covered 12K miles). Unreliable tailgate latch. Gate falls while driving after locking & pulling the handle. Even with the quirks, probably the best vehicle I have driven & owned.

feeling special
By mike s. on 03/12/02 10:56 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 2WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

feel like a king in it, cant believe its as big as it is when you drive it, anybody not satisfied with the comfort, should not to get out of bed. may buy another (have two, his & hers) in a few years.

No Avalanche to fear here
By steven suess on 03/04/02 11:27 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I like this vehicle so much that we are planning on trading our venture van in on a second avalanche. This has got to be the ultimate pic-up passenger combo ever built. I dont impress easily, but this truck is it.

The best SUV/Truck ever built!
By scherf.com on 03/03/02 10:42 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Avalanche is truly a masterpiece. I drove with 75 mph on the Interstate through a snow storm with snow drifts and ice, etc. and this baby didn't slip once and it was just a dream to be the King of the Road. It is spacious inside and it drives like a big luxury cruiser. The styling is just awesome--it turns heads everywhere, literally. It's a little expensive but compared to other SUVs in its class it is one of the best values on the market.

This truck rocks!!
By jcrichie on 03/02/02 19:25 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a great truck without the rough ride, this is the one for you. I have driven 4x4 trucks all of my adult life and I can honestly say I will never own one again. The Avalanche rides better than my wife's Xterra (by a large margin) but still gives you the feel of driving a truck. When they first came out I thought they looked awful, but the exterior has grown on me. Anyone who doesn't like the Avalanche obviously has never driven one.