2002 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:
Engineering Masterpiece!!!
By JasonM on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Z71 4X4 Avalanche is the best of both worlds with lots of toys! It's got the luxury and space of a loaded SUV with the hauling capacity of a full size pickup. I keep common tools (cordless drill/flashlight set, screwdrivers, etc) in one side of the locking compartments in the side of the bed and use the other side as a cooler for picnicing/camping or whatever.

My Cool Truck oops SUV
By maddog_coyote on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the Avalanche. Have had it since March this year. Regularly convert it for large items from Home Depot! Going camping often...its just great.

Take care of your seals
By tiger on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First thing I did was to dismantle all of the "removeables" and Armor-All all of the seals and weatherstripping. I have never seen so may seals in all my life but taken care of, they should last. Just a maintenance headache. Watch the rear window install closely, as if you are off just a little, it will not seal correctly.

Avalanche
By ckiser on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Not the best design for looks. The square fenders don't cut it. However, most confort than any vehical I have owned.

I am sold
By JimboH55 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been a suburban buyer for years. I went to the dealership that I always deal with. Drove the new suburban and was ready to purchase. For the heck of it my bud who I deal with all the time ask me to test drive the Avalanche. I was sold once I got into it. Had all the comfort, power, and drove better than the burb. The next day I returned to purchased the Avalanche after driving them both again. Trust me the looks will grow on you.We have had some very strong storms this spring in MO no leaks. If your a burb user like I was. You use the back half more to haul cargo than passengers. Need to look at the Avalanche.

It leaks when it rains!!
By mad as hell on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The water seems to leak in from the panels covering the bed and behind the mid-gate. At some point the water in the bed overflows into the cab under the mid-gate soaking the carpet in the rear of the truck. This happened on the sixth day I had the truck. I took it back to the dealership and they told me they would try to fix it under the warranty but it was pretty much my problem. I've called everybody I could think of to complain but with no results. I've taken the truck into two different service centers 3 times for a total of 19 days and it still leaks.

Great Truck
By Ed cat on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Av has been great, I love to drive it because it is so comfortable. The 5.3L motor is great, and is fuel efficient for the size and weight of this vehicle. If 20mpg is not to your liking, get a 4cyl. S-10 or Tacoma. I have no engine knock that some people experience with GM engines. I also got a great deal for mine, right now is the time to scoop one up if you want one. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a fullsize truck who does not use it for work. If you need it for work, get a Silverado. The perfect truck for a family. P.S. Guys, your wives will love it too!

Fun for everyone!
By Aftershock on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

When parking in public, leave time to answer onlookers questions and enthusiastic comments. It truely does turn heads. Not since I drove my '67 Shelby have I noticed this much attention. I'm in my 50's but the teens all want a turn at the wheel. And my mother also commented on the ride comfort in the back seat. (as good or better than the full sized Oldsmobile that I traded in). The appeal seems to span generations and genders. As a downer, my tailgate also fell open in the locked position.

Excellent Choice
By Yvonne Hibbert on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 2500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (8.1L 8cyl 4A)

I never in my life thought that I would purchase a truck. I saw the commercial on TV, "change for a dollar" and I just had to go and check it out. I took it for a test drive and decided that it was the one for me.

I Love this Truck!
By MLS on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this "truck" and I absolutely love it. I had a Tahoe before, which was a great truck, and the Avalanche has the sturdiness and reliability, and then some. It looks great, drives great, and lets be honest, it looks cool and turns heads.