2005 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Does Well for what it was designed for
By Al on 06/03/08 12:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Okay, so I have only had this van for a few months, but I have had experience with other Astros, as well as other brands for comparision. For what the Astro was designed for it does it well. It's not overly stylish, but it is very funtional. Has adequate power delivery, although not refined. Handles like a van, not a BMW. Rides like a truck, not a Buick, but it will haul people and trailers. It will also get decent fuel mileage. Makes a great work truck and can take the abush and punish usually associated with work trucks.

Best van for our needs
By claudia palamar on 07/22/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Astro we have owned. Currently we tow a 26.5ft travel trailer through the midwest and have experienced no problems. One must drive responsibly and not expect to break any speed records.

Second Astro Owned
By jjreeves9752@charter on 04/19/07 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Astro. The first I drove 230,000 miles with little maintenance. This is longer but handles nicely I put Mogg idler arms on the 1991 that greatly improved the steering and handling. I plan to do it on the 2005 in a year or so. I now have 40000 miles on the 2005. I drive these vans from SC to Yellowstone Natl. Park and on to Phoenix and back. I pull a midsized bass boat for short 20 or 50 trips. We especially like the fold down bench seats for the second and third row seats. We throw coats and etc. over the first folded down bench. I have driven Toyota vans but this Astro will outdrive it hands down with a lot of hauling space.

Only one with a full frame
By oldmrjim on 10/31/05 01:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Long term experience very good. Holds up very well. Built like a tank. Has steel reinforcement behind plastic bumpers. Only item replaced: Alternator.

Best mid-sized van ever
By PETER on 08/07/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Astro that I have owned in 9 years, and each one has been better the the last. I averaged about 90,000 to 100,000 miles on the last three and already have 1600 on the 2005 Astro. I love it.

Astro Van
By b veitch on 03/21/05 20:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I own and show dogs. The Astro van is perfect size for transporting dogs and crates. Crates are easily stacked for the smaller breeds. I have had no problems with this van.

Strong Player in a small package
By Tom W. on 02/08/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I was pleasantly pleased with the towing ability, with a 21' Sports Boat. The 4.3 liter engine seems bullet-proof. I would bet it would take an additional $ 15,000.00 worth of vehicle to do what the Astro does. The style seems current, sure the design is dated. The engineering is still proven, basic, simple and reliable. Fuel economy is better than expected. Just a strong little work horse.

Best Of Breed
By SunupGSD on 01/15/05 14:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Will never own another minivan. We show our German Shepherds in AKC events. All our "stuff" fits with room to spare. Other minivans are too small. Ride is strong not mushy, interior comfort is great. This is our 3rd Astro. Our 1st is still on the road with over 200K miles. The 2nd is still running with only 150K miles.

Astro
By Rashaffer on 12/04/04 16:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great van for the larger family. We have 5 children and they can all ride in comfort. The towing capcity is also great. Its a very well built, reliable vehicle.