2004 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Review: GM take a hint.

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Review

GM take a hint.
By Astro Fan on

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle in its class. The problem is that it's the only one in its class. Because of no competition, GM has treated the Astro like an ugly step child. The last revision was nearly ten years ago. I upgraded to a 2000 model from the '91 I had. The only noticeable difference beside appearance was the reliability of a newer vehicle. After just a few years my new van rattled just like my old one. I've had many service calls that were fortunately under warranty. Delco batteries only last two years in Florida.I love my van but I'm sorry that when I'm ready for a new one, GM will have done little to give me a reason to buy.

Better utility than ANY SUV or other minivan. Small enough to drive around town and big enough to really work.

Give back the outboard armrests. More leg room up front. A few more inches of cargo length Easier to remove passenger seats. More power. Better suspension (steering geometry scrubs tires). Better quality! Up to date features. Stiffer frame & body.