Used 2004 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

By Jeff & Rosa H

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our 2nd Astro, our first is a 1988 Astro LT. The 4.3L engine is one of the best.I fix cars for a living and this is the van for my family.

ALL

I think every car has room for improvements, but I'll keep buying.

Best Towing Minivan made
By 44TR

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family of four has been using this as a family vehicle for a year, with several long distance trips towing a popup camper. The ride and comfort are excellent; we get 18mpg city; 22mpg hwy and 18-20 towing. But the bottom line is that if you want a minivan that has no trouble pulling a trailer 2500 lbs or more, then the Astro/Safari is your only choice.

2nd row reclining captain's chairs; 3rd row reclining seats comfortable for adults! Running boards (trust me); sound system; interior space.

Just continue making it! Actually moving the front axle forward a few inches to make the driver and front passenger floorspace flat would be nice (but this is not exactly easy).

LOVE my Astro !!
By WV MomOnTheGo

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Over all this is by far the BEST vehicle I have ever owned .... I traded in a ExtCab 3Dr Silverado and bought my Astro when my 2nd child was born. I love having 2 full benches in the back and still having a LARGE area behind the 3rd row for hauling and storage. All of my friends and family have children also so traveling together is easy and roomy with this van. Not to mention when a huge snow and ice storm hit WV I was able to get to and from work everyday safely when others even some Trucks were left sitting :)

A/C and Heat controls for back. Having a CD player AND a Cassette. Back benches are removable making it awesome for hauling large objects. AWD has been better than my 4X4 was. Large back windows make viewing so easy and safer.

more room for the front seat passenger. Rear benches should fold BACKWARDS or even down flat into the foor.

GM take a hint.
By Astro Fan

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle in its class. The problem is that it's the only one in its class. Because of no competition, GM has treated the Astro like an ugly step child. The last revision was nearly ten years ago. I upgraded to a 2000 model from the '91 I had. The only noticeable difference beside appearance was the reliability of a newer vehicle. After just a few years my new van rattled just like my old one. I've had many service calls that were fortunately under warranty. Delco batteries only last two years in Florida.I love my van but I'm sorry that when I'm ready for a new one, GM will have done little to give me a reason to buy.

Better utility than ANY SUV or other minivan. Small enough to drive around town and big enough to really work.

Give back the outboard armrests. More leg room up front. A few more inches of cargo length Easier to remove passenger seats. More power. Better suspension (steering geometry scrubs tires). Better quality! Up to date features. Stiffer frame & body.

a class of its own
By mandoman

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

mr. Edmunds-- as anyone who has owned an Astro Van can tell you, it is in a class of it's own--true mid-size--I just bought my 4th one in 18 yrs. All have had over 200k mi.on them. I still own my 96 (in add. to my 03) with 260k with no major repairs. I have had a chance to see 1st hand , the Astro outperform, in almost ALL respects, the so called competition. GOD save the Astro !!

Parkability,size, power,reliability,comfort,rugged build

more front pass.foot room--move elec. door locks(knees hit and lock)put back drivers left armrest.