2004 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
very satisfied-on #4
By mandoman on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 4th Astro van, starting back in 1986.They are super reliable and just the right size for both doing an antique buss. or family use. A very rugged vehicle with good towing cap. All have had over 200k mi. on them. My 96 has 260k on it and still going strong.

Best Vehicle in 3 classes
By trsmith on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

If your looking for a SUV, truck or mini-van this is it except better. It's all of the above. Plenty of room for cargo and people. It tow's up to 5000 lbs(AWD version)and seats 6 people without feeling cramped, 8 for those short trips. The LT version provides a luxury feel to this "mid size Van". I never driven a more stable vehicle on snow,water and ice (again AWD). Our initial intention was to buy a larger SUV (smaller SUV's are no comparison) and when we looked at overall interior space, power and fuel economy we became ASTRO owners and yet saved about 10,000 dollars.

My third AWD Astro
By Iowaped on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Love the AWD.Prefer over 4WD.It's the only minivan that my labrador fits in. Would like more leg room up front, available DVD roof mount and moonroof would be nice. Back seat a monster to remove. Need to modify power window switches. My cat closed the window on my neighbor's hand!

a good truck
By mr. robinson on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

i have had a few problems but i like the truck . and it does a good job moving my gear. i play music for a living. the van works well for me. i can move people or gear to a job.

2003 Astro LT AWD Review
By Soilbiology on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Lacks cramped room of the smaller vans (ventures, caravans, aerostars, etc.). More room, more power.

1991 and 2001
By T.R.Kuhse on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a used 1991 Astro in 1993 and have put 160,000 trouble free miles on it.We pulled a travel trailer with it,including many trips to Florida,and Kentucky.I have done all general maintenance work on it,and never have had to have it in a shop for repair.In December 2003 we bought a 2001 AWD Astro that we really find very useful with having five children.And we still have that 1991!

Great vehicls
By tmleg on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle with great towing capacity for its class.

the 2001 , not much different than 2004
By bjziggy on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I actually own the 2001 model. But I don't know of many changes between them.

Not worth buying!!?? I think not
By Brian L on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

LT's got it all. Indestructable engine, good suspension for its size, lot of room in the back.

ASTRO LS
By DAVID Y on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

VERY GOOD OVER ALL, NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS BAD AS NOTED BELOW. NEEDS MORE CHOICE OF PAINT AND INTEROR COLORS