2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Good Van
By jayvict on 08/05/07 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family expanded so we bought this van with 34k miles for a great price. We travel home 3 to 4 times a year (1000mi round trip) and it runs like a charm. No problems. I feel safe when my wife is alone with the kids on trips. Love the rear air and towing capacity

Good solid van
By Jayvict on 06/28/07 10:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have four children and love this van. It has plenty of power and room. For the money it was and is a great deal.

Frustrated
By CC on 12/08/05 10:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The size of this van cannot be beat. I LOVE my Astro Van, but I have had the van in for warranty work 9 times for what we thought was the transmission, which was replaced, the accelerator was stuck, and a variety of other engine- transmission problems. I am still in a rental and waiting for a diagnosis. I owned a 1992 Astro and had 150,000 miles on it and never had a problem. Mixed feelings if I would ever buy another.

By Jeff & Rosa H on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We are on our 2nd Astro, our first is a 1988 Astro LT. The 4.3L engine is one of the best.I fix cars for a living and this is the van for my family.

Best Towing Minivan made
By 44TR on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Our family of four has been using this as a family vehicle for a year, with several long distance trips towing a popup camper. The ride and comfort are excellent; we get 18mpg city; 22mpg hwy and 18-20 towing. But the bottom line is that if you want a minivan that has no trouble pulling a trailer 2500 lbs or more, then the Astro/Safari is your only choice.

GM take a hint.
By Astro Fan on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The best vehicle in its class. The problem is that it's the only one in its class. Because of no competition, GM has treated the Astro like an ugly step child. The last revision was nearly ten years ago. I upgraded to a 2000 model from the '91 I had. The only noticeable difference beside appearance was the reliability of a newer vehicle. After just a few years my new van rattled just like my old one. I've had many service calls that were fortunately under warranty. Delco batteries only last two years in Florida.I love my van but I'm sorry that when I'm ready for a new one, GM will have done little to give me a reason to buy.

a class of its own
By mandoman on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

mr. Edmunds-- as anyone who has owned an Astro Van can tell you, it is in a class of it's own--true mid-size--I just bought my 4th one in 18 yrs. All have had over 200k mi.on them. I still own my 96 (in add. to my 03) with 260k with no major repairs. I have had a chance to see 1st hand , the Astro outperform, in almost ALL respects, the so called competition. GOD save the Astro !!

very satisfied-on #4
By mandoman on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my 4th Astro van, starting back in 1986.They are super reliable and just the right size for both doing an antique buss. or family use. A very rugged vehicle with good towing cap. All have had over 200k mi. on them. My 96 has 260k on it and still going strong.

a good truck
By mr. robinson on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

i have had a few problems but i like the truck . and it does a good job moving my gear. i play music for a living. the van works well for me. i can move people or gear to a job.

Not worth buying!!?? I think not
By Brian L on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

LT's got it all. Indestructable engine, good suspension for its size, lot of room in the back.