2003 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Review: AWD LS

2003 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Review

AWD LS
By Ohio Family on

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice family van. Lots of space for people & cargo. If you are looking at other vans pull them side by side & compare the room. This is no mini van. All seating is full size & comfortable for adults. Motor has strong torque for towing. Ride is a 100 times better than some of those consumer magazines rate it. I was surprised how well the van did ride after reading some so-so reviews. Doing light towing (appx 1,500 lbs) we still get 17mpg on the highway. Not to bad with a road mixture of flat & hills. We have friendS who are on their 2nd or 3rd van & rate them highly.

We ended up being 100% satisfied with the van. Every family member from 8 to 41 likes it. As time goes on I personably like the van more every day. We have had several car & trucks in the past but this is by far our favorite vehicle so far. I would defiantly recommend the Astro AWD.

Large sliding door is heavy for small kids to open & close. 3rd row is ok for kids to get in & out but a tight fit for adults, but I think most 3rd rows are like this. It took a few weeks to get used to foot well on driver side floor.