2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Not bad
By localfamily on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

So far we've only had the van for 5months. It's not bad. The things I have noticed: not enought leg room in the front seats, blind spot if you get the model with the back doors that swing out, kinda hard to get into from the front, side window fasteners made cheaply. Gas tank doesn't lock from in/out side. I thought all new cars did this now adays.

Great for teens
By Burt3429 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a 16 year old guy that got an astro van for my first car, it's the biggest thing I've ever driven but it handles like a small car, just dont take turns too fast. I've fit around 18 people in it comfortably and I've taken it on a few roadtrips. Quite possibly the best vehicle for driving to the beach and places like that, can fit almost anything and everything you have, and doesnt have a problem moving it around.

A good vehicle at a good price
By ninjaxz750 on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Anyone considering one should get it. It will last forever (my father in-law has a 94 with 180,000 Miles and still going)and it hauls more than anything in its class. It also cheaper than ANY SUV, and bigger than most. It is NOT a mini-van...more like a mid size van. If you consider a Mini-Van, you may pay less, but you will get less in size and power.

Aged but utilitarian van
By Ron 2002 on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for little over a year with 28,000 miles. So far, I've had no repair problems. Cargo space is what sold me on this van, and it has been impressive. It has almost as much room as my previous full-size van. This van is by no means fast but has tremendous pulling power. The steering is light and quick, but it is also loose and numb. Although Chevy has continually updated this vehicle over the years, you can't escape the fact that this is a vehicle from the eighties. While functional, interior design is very stark and dull with plenty of monochrome plastics. All in all however, Astro is a very capable and reliable vehicle.

A Lot of Van for the Money
By LVFosterDad on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has more passenger, cargo, and towing capacity than any other minivan on the market. The truck frame and suspension make it much sturdier than the the car-based minivans of today yet the ride quality and handling reflect the beefier suspension. The interior quality of the LS looks and feels cheap but I like the rubber floor mats that it came with. Compared to the 2002 Pontiac Montana that I owned previously, this van is much more capable of of hauling 8 adult passengers and their luggage. If you're looking for a van that can truly carry eight people and still cruise effortlessly down the freeway this is the van for you.

Family Van
By Bundo29 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's perfect for a larger family. We have three small kids in carseats, it's the only van we could find that was able to fit all three perfectly, and it's still affordable. We haven't had any big problems with the van, just the normal wear and tear that all vehicles experience. This van has a lot of power, we drive up and down a steep grade daily, and it has no hesitation whatsoever. Definetly would buy another one in the future.

It's a nice Truck
By Mts46 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Astro. Once you accept the fact it is a truck it is a very nice truck. It is huge inside! Makes a suburbam look small yet is over two feet shorter. The V6 is powerful towing by 4000 pound boat nicely.

need a new life!!!
By sunnypham on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

good AWD,good towing and exllent to haul.I don't like the access and font seats,not really comtable.

2003 Astro LS AWD
By KEWO on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I think as far as 'mini' vans go, the Astro is the best. I love the room, the visibility, the power and the ability to tow. Also, this has been the best winter vehicle I've ever owned, the AWD works great. I've owned two SUVs and two 4x4 pickups that didn't do as well in the snow. It does everything my family needs from a vehicle.

Nothing like a Chevy Van
By chritch on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

There's nothing like a beefy Chevy Van, makes all those wussy looking mini's look like they came from the Barbie factory. 4.3 V6 rules the road. I hope in the future they will make a dual slider on the Driver's side, and that's the only negative.