Used 2003 Chevrolet Astro Base Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

Most Helpful|
That "Sure" Feeling
By Joe Tornichio

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rugged Durability, and Reliability, is what makes this vehicle.......The Outstanding Value, in its' class. This is the 3rd. Astro Van that we have owned.

Favorite Features

Rugged Durability of full frame, plus torque of 4.3 V-6 literally delivers the passengers, as well as the goods.

Suggested Improvements

Conyinue to retain production of this vehicle, in Chev. truck line-up.

Great all around vehicle car/truck
By Red

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Astro van fuctions as both a mini and cargo van. It is very spacious for hauling passengers, equipment, and furniture. The conversion into a cargo van is awesome, by taking out the extra passenger seats, or folding them down.

Favorite Features

Folding down seats in the rear. The extra cigarette outlets for other purposes besides smoking. Large space and the tinted windows. Power 6 cylinder engine for towing and hauling.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve fuel consumption.

Astro Number 2
By TN dog mom

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Pack it up; pile the dogs in and away we go all across the USA --- most of the time I'm travelling alone and rely heavily on the reliability and durability, good performance of this van! The roomy interior is just right for all the paraphrenalia that needs to accompany us on our adventures. This is my 2nd Astro ..... my trade-in Astro had 260,000 miles on it and was still going strong! I am looking forward to putting 260,000 on this one too!

Favorite Features

The big roomy interior! The rear air conditioning!

Suggested Improvements

LED readouts for odometer hard to see in daylight.

Aged but utilitarian van
By Ron 2002

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for little over a year with 28,000 miles. So far, I've had no repair problems. Cargo space is what sold me on this van, and it has been impressive. It has almost as much room as my previous full-size van. This van is by no means fast but has tremendous pulling power. The steering is light and quick, but it is also loose and numb. Although Chevy has continually updated this vehicle over the years, you can't escape the fact that this is a vehicle from the eighties. While functional, interior design is very stark and dull with plenty of monochrome plastics. All in all however, Astro is a very capable and reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Excellent climate control performance. Clear, easy to read gauges. Trip computer. Automatic headlight. Precise gear shifter. Turn signal reminder. Retained power (even radio). Visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Sensitive power window switch which always goes into Auto mode. Brake which feels faded. Multi-function turn signal stalk (feels cheap and cruise switches on accidentally too easily). Dash design and material. Bigger and more precise wipers.

Great for teens
By Burt3429

2003 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a 16 year old guy that got an astro van for my first car, it's the biggest thing I've ever driven but it handles like a small car, just dont take turns too fast. I've fit around 18 people in it comfortably and I've taken it on a few roadtrips. Quite possibly the best vehicle for driving to the beach and places like that, can fit almost anything and everything you have, and doesnt have a problem moving it around.

Favorite Features

The front seats have two armrests wich is very comfortable, also sittin up higher than most cars on the road is nice, because you can see much more.

Suggested Improvements

change the climate control style.