2003 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Great all around vehicle car/truck
By Red on 08/09/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Astro van fuctions as both a mini and cargo van. It is very spacious for hauling passengers, equipment, and furniture. The conversion into a cargo van is awesome, by taking out the extra passenger seats, or folding them down.

Astro Number 2
By TN dog mom on 02/09/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Pack it up; pile the dogs in and away we go all across the USA --- most of the time I'm travelling alone and rely heavily on the reliability and durability, good performance of this van! The roomy interior is just right for all the paraphrenalia that needs to accompany us on our adventures. This is my 2nd Astro ..... my trade-in Astro had 260,000 miles on it and was still going strong! I am looking forward to putting 260,000 on this one too!

That "Sure" Feeling
By Joe Tornichio on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rugged Durability, and Reliability, is what makes this vehicle.......The Outstanding Value, in its' class. This is the 3rd. Astro Van that we have owned.

Great for teens
By Burt3429 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a 16 year old guy that got an astro van for my first car, it's the biggest thing I've ever driven but it handles like a small car, just dont take turns too fast. I've fit around 18 people in it comfortably and I've taken it on a few roadtrips. Quite possibly the best vehicle for driving to the beach and places like that, can fit almost anything and everything you have, and doesnt have a problem moving it around.

Aged but utilitarian van
By Ron 2002 on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for little over a year with 28,000 miles. So far, I've had no repair problems. Cargo space is what sold me on this van, and it has been impressive. It has almost as much room as my previous full-size van. This van is by no means fast but has tremendous pulling power. The steering is light and quick, but it is also loose and numb. Although Chevy has continually updated this vehicle over the years, you can't escape the fact that this is a vehicle from the eighties. While functional, interior design is very stark and dull with plenty of monochrome plastics. All in all however, Astro is a very capable and reliable vehicle.

A Lot of Van for the Money
By LVFosterDad on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van has more passenger, cargo, and towing capacity than any other minivan on the market. The truck frame and suspension make it much sturdier than the the car-based minivans of today yet the ride quality and handling reflect the beefier suspension. The interior quality of the LS looks and feels cheap but I like the rubber floor mats that it came with. Compared to the 2002 Pontiac Montana that I owned previously, this van is much more capable of of hauling 8 adult passengers and their luggage. If you're looking for a van that can truly carry eight people and still cruise effortlessly down the freeway this is the van for you.

Family Van
By Bundo29 on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It's perfect for a larger family. We have three small kids in carseats, it's the only van we could find that was able to fit all three perfectly, and it's still affordable. We haven't had any big problems with the van, just the normal wear and tear that all vehicles experience. This van has a lot of power, we drive up and down a steep grade daily, and it has no hesitation whatsoever. Definetly would buy another one in the future.

It's a nice Truck
By Mts46 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Astro. Once you accept the fact it is a truck it is a very nice truck. It is huge inside! Makes a suburbam look small yet is over two feet shorter. The V6 is powerful towing by 4000 pound boat nicely.

very functional
By rayden on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Possibly the ultimate utility vehicle -- 8 passenger advertised capacity (i've had 13), towing capacity comparable to a pickup, great for camping, etc. In other words, great if you need to move large numbers of people and large/bulky stuff. If your people/stuff fit into a regular minivan (Caravan or Odyssey), buy that -- easier to drive and requires less gas. Don't go in the mud, and forget working on the car yourself -- the engine is rather inaccessible.

ugly but works
By Sponge on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The van is a bit ugly but it gets the job done it have expictnial take off power and maxes out aroung 130mph. There hasn't be any majour problems with it and it workes good to tow a trailer.