2003 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Bullet Proof Family Hauler
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I purchased a used Chevy Astro after researching other vehicles. For the money, it cannot be beat. It is incredibly reliable and has ample room for our five children. We looked at a Toyota Sequoia, Honda Pilot, and car-based minivans such as the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. We kept coming to the same conclusion that the Astro with its reliable engine and transmission, room for 8 and low ownership cost was tough to beat. With essentially the same drivetrain since '85, Chevy worked out all the kinks. We picked ours up for $7,200 with 74,900 miles. I analyzed the cost per mile and the Astro was far cheaper than any comparable vehicle. We intend to keep the vehicle until it dies.

love the van
By vegagal on 08/01/09 22:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had an astro before this one drove it for 10 years no problems except the sliding door locked and couldn't open inside or out. It made 24 MPG. Bought a new one because we liked the old one for the room (took out the seats and we could haul 4x8 sheets of plywood. They have good clearance and AWD grip the road when lots of snow and ice ( better than our 1/2 ton 4WD pickup) Also has 5000# tow capacity. But we were very disappointed with the gas mileage on the 2003. We lost 8 to 10 MPG can't understand what happened? It has the same engine as the old one and we drive it the same way.

2003 Astro
By Pilant on 05/06/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van to use on boat ramps to put my boat into and out of water. I have used it in Knoxville and around Douglas Lake. The van has been no farther than 50 miles from Knoxville. It was a program vehicle with 4000 miles when I bought it. I traded a 1994 Astro van I bought at West when I bought this one. It still runs like new as one would expect with such low mileage. West has serviced the vehicle twice per year since I've owned it.

Great all around vehicle car/truck
By Red on 08/09/05 18:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Astro van fuctions as both a mini and cargo van. It is very spacious for hauling passengers, equipment, and furniture. The conversion into a cargo van is awesome, by taking out the extra passenger seats, or folding them down.

Astro Number 2
By TN dog mom on 02/09/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Pack it up; pile the dogs in and away we go all across the USA --- most of the time I'm travelling alone and rely heavily on the reliability and durability, good performance of this van! The roomy interior is just right for all the paraphrenalia that needs to accompany us on our adventures. This is my 2nd Astro ..... my trade-in Astro had 260,000 miles on it and was still going strong! I am looking forward to putting 260,000 on this one too!

AWD LS
By Ohio Family on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice family van. Lots of space for people & cargo. If you are looking at other vans pull them side by side & compare the room. This is no mini van. All seating is full size & comfortable for adults. Motor has strong torque for towing. Ride is a 100 times better than some of those consumer magazines rate it. I was surprised how well the van did ride after reading some so-so reviews. Doing light towing (appx 1,500 lbs) we still get 17mpg on the highway. Not to bad with a road mixture of flat & hills. We have friendS who are on their 2nd or 3rd van & rate them highly.

That "Sure" Feeling
By Joe Tornichio on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Astro Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Rugged Durability, and Reliability, is what makes this vehicle.......The Outstanding Value, in its' class. This is the 3rd. Astro Van that we have owned.

Chevy Astro
By Savages on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

We LOVE this van! We have 2 of them & they are the best deal in town!

High Quality in Low Design
By beezer on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My Astro was very fun to drive. In winter is very easy to grip on the slush with AWD system. I use my Astro everyday. Last week i charge my Astro over 3000 pounds of training equipement and i never had problem for pull it!!

Keep making them
By tawaanda on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Astro AWD 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the height of the vehicle. I love the amount of room, I always feel like I have room for everything. I like the roomyness. It is very comfortable to ride in. It is easy to drive and manuver. Mostly the fact that I can see what is going on. The drivers seat is extremely comfortable.