2002 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Review: 2002 Astro Conversion

2002 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Review

2002 Astro Conversion
By hope46 on

2002 Chevrolet Astro LS Rwd 3dr Minivan (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

The only things I don't really like about this van are the turning radius, which isn't as tight as the Voyager we used to have, and how difficult it is to back up at night, because we have dark tinted windows, and the seats are quite high, making it difficult to see. It's a great traveling van, the back seat folds down to a bed, and it has nice blinds on the windows. It gets better mileage that we thought it would, averaging 20 mpg. I've gotten 24 mpg with it on the interstate. We'll keep this until it falls apart on us; we're quite happy with it.

I love my running boards, my electric seat, the rear defogger and wiper. I like that the headrests are removable. The sound system is really good, and I like the features on it. I also like that I can adjust my seatbelt and steering wheel.

There's too much body between the windshield and the front windows on the side, which makes for poor visibility sometimes when pulling out into traffic. There's not enough legroom in the front seats for taller people; my 6 foot DH gets a bit cramped on long trips.