Good Bye Old Pal
By stevemcp on
2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan
I'm sad to say that my 2000 Chevy Astro is getting onto its last legs and GM doesn't make the any more. I bought mine used with 85,000 km off a 4 year lease in 2004. i have to that this has been the longest lasting, least expensive vehicle I have ever owned. Secretly, I think GM stopped making these because they were too reliable. My Astro now has over 270,000 km and I had no problems other than normal wear and tear. I'm still running on my second brake job with the rear drums never having been touched. Tires seem to last forever on the Astro - at least mine do. It still has the original muffler. I' using AMSOil synthetic and I change it every 40,000 km. Sad to see it go....
Favorite Features
Astro's run forever. GM's dealers probably killed this vehicle because they weren't making enough in repairs from it. If you think I'm full of it - keep in mind that new car dealerships make 80% of their money from the shop and less than 20% off new car sales.
Suggested Improvements
Yeah! Retool and start up the line again with the 4.3 engine. GM newer V6 and V8 engines are too unreliable - but of course that's a design feature isn't it.....lol.