2000 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
The most under rated family van
By Chris T. on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan AWD

We sold our 1995 Astro only to buy another one for 2000. This van is the most under rated family vehicle on the road. It is more roomy than the Full Sized Expensive SUV's. The 4.3 6 cyclinder engine delivers a very good performance, despite what the horsepower rating of 190 says. This van is very smart.

Family Van
By Papabear on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle. Lots of cargo space for kids, dog, and camping gear.

My third Astro
By JDeFoor on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

As indicated by the title I am sold on the astro. I have found it to be the most versatile and dependable vehicle I have ever owned. I have had only minor problems with any of the three I have purchased. I still have my 1991 and have purchased a 2000.

Decent overall
By Marc B on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Take this van for what it is - roomy, practical, relatively inexpensive, no-frills transportation. Van has had its share of minor problems, most of them related to fit and finish items, but no problems with any major component (engine, transmission, electrical, etc.). Very good for towing light trailers and for long-distance hauling with a full load of kids and goodies. Decent gas mileage for its capabilities (16.0 - 21 mpg).

van- tastic
By bob 66 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I love the van. it has been reliable we have driven across the country from NY to New Orleans to las vegas. No problems

Lemon?
By phoebe99 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Bough new 2 years ago. It was in the shop every 2500 miles. Dealer consistantly claimed "We can't pull diagnostics on it." Broke down 1st time close to home (alternator @ 12000 mi). 2nd time on the way to Santa Barbara, the same day it left the dealership shop. The 3rd and final time I refused to drive it until dealer experienced loss of power. I kept telling them it was transmission, 1 wk later they still claimed it drove perfect for them and that same day the transmission blew on the freeway (30,000 mi). I was 8 mo pregnant with 2 kids in my car. Chevy's 1-800 cust. service did nothing about all the problems so I traded it for a Nissan. Chevy should go out of business!!!

I REALLY WISH IT HAD 4 DOORS.
By BABE on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Minivan AWD

IGOT MY VAN FOR MY 60TH BIRTHDAY AND I LOVE IT, BUT I WISH IT HAD 4 DOORS.WE TOOK IT TO MAINE THAT YEAR AND TOOK 2 OF OUR FRIENDS WITH US. IT THE MOST COMFORTABLE TRIP WE EVER TOOK. WE WERE MILITARY FOR 21 YEARS AND DONE A LOT OF TRAVELING, I ONLY WISH WE HAD THIS VAN WHEN OUR FAMILY WAS ALL AT HOME...

By Info on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

This is a great vehicle. Very comfortable, roomy, and dependable.

Great Van
By Backintime on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

This is a great van. It's Tall and have lot of space and great cargo area. Rear seat don't reclined and they are very heavy and difficult to remove. I wish it did have a rear stereo and TV to keep the kids busy.