2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Best Family Vehicle
By highegt on 11/26/04 19:54 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan AWD

This is my second Astro - put 175000 on the first. Whether it is towing my 5500lb boat, hauling varius team members of my 4 kid's sports, driving 3000 mile vacation, or buzzing around town, this van is the only thing around that can do it all. SUV's are too long outside for less room inside, mini vans are like recycled Pepsi cans when compared to the stoutness and versatility the Astro offers. Consumer magazines rank it poorly, but you have to wonder whether they live in the real world! One last thing - a set of KYB monomax shocks transforms the ride to modern standards.

Enough Already
By dellwen on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

Although the initial quality was acceptible this vehicle does not hold it's miles well. All maintenence was done on schedule however after 60000 miles the vehicle seemed to be in self destruct mode. Starter, Battery, Water Pump, AC Compressor, Blower Motor, Rear Wheel Bearing, Transmission... This vehicle was the last straw for the big three (GM, Ford, Chrysler) in my book. I never had any issues with my Hyundai and I love my Honda even more. I hate to say it but our Union workers are overated. Abolish the Unions and let's start building decent vehicles here in the USA. Until then Honda has my business. They are over 75% USA or Canadian anyway.

2000 Chev Astro Review
By swancoatjm0691 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

We bought this van in 2002. It is very roomy except for the foot areas for the driver and passenger. It's comfortable and easy to drive. The 2nd & 3rd seats are removable but are heavy when taking them out. The only significant complaint we have is the gas and electrical. I only get 13-14 mpg and we have had some problems an electric window and keyless remote system. These are the only reasons I would have for trading it in for something else.

Chev Astro Production Should Continue
By JimHomyak on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

If you keep them clean, get them serviced on time, and like to haul lots of people and cargo, Astro is a great vehicle. Plenty of power, get-up- n-go and gets great mileage over long trips. Best MPG at 70 to 80 Mph. Averaged 22 MPG from MPLS to ORLANDO running 80% over 70MPH.

Dependable and Versatile
By OKIE on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

The LT option interior design is great. This is a very dependable vehicle, no repairs necessary in the first 80,000 miles. Great for hauling people and/or cargo. Vastly improved ride from earlier models. Astro's are truly "Like a Rock", my 1986 model Astro that I bought new, has 335,000 miles on it with orginal engine and transmission, no rebuilds on either one.

My Van
By Jerry99999 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Very good van, I find that the GM is still good quilty. Very happy with the AWD.

Love my Astro
By Wayneco on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

At 35000 miles/year, I am hard on a vehicle. Most of the miles were city driving(65-70%). I tend to wear brakes out faster than most people. Body integrity is excellent. Not a squeak or rattle for the first 80,000 miles. Still is quiet at 145K. No motor or tranny problems. Still goes 3000 miles without burning a quart of oil!

2000 AWD AstroVan
By catlover on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Have found vehicle to be extremely reliable, have put 90000 miles on it in 3 years, gone through the worst blizzard in the east coast in 50 years in 2 ft of new snow without even a hesitation. Very roomy, great cargo space, seats comfortable. not good on foot room, can't stretch out driver's legs. driver's information center was very useful.

The best minivan/truck
By Chevy angel on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I'm in love with this van I will not buy another vehicle other than this van. Is reliable, strong & really comfortable I recommend this van/truck to anybody with my eyes close.

2000 Astro van
By jmns41 on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan 3dr Minivan

Love to drive it, but internal mechanisms are breaking down...made cheaply.