Used 2000 Chevrolet Astro LT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

As the tru that cant make a 100,000 mile
By Disconious

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Actually this is my second one, I think they are attractive and the kids loved em. My first was under powered but ran with scheduled maintenance which I had to abandoned due to the expense. Both vehicles ran good until about 70, 000 miles when windows stopped working, slight idle roughness, sliding door had parts fall off and started to rattle, front ac vents stopped working, back door starting clicking and vacum problems with locks and ac vents, ac fan motor, trying to fix all this at the dealer is vehicle suicide.

Favorite Features

The truck is attractive and when it was young it was fun for everybody. Good radio, weather temp, great little technical innovations.

Versatile, Reliable, Predictable
By rosco

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

I purchased it used with 50,000 km and have added 60,000 km in last two years. It replaced a 1988 with 325,000 km. Great highway vehicle; comfortable, quiet, great visibility, reasonably economical at highway speeds. Great capacity. Easily accommodates up to 8 passengers with full load or a very comfortable vehicle for 6, with all gear + 2 canoes on top. Great clearance in deep snow. With 4 winter tires, this van will navigate 8 inches or more of snow, and is my preferred vehicle for winter driving compared to my car. It's also great in summer for comfortable drives and trips. Downside - the intrusive wheel wells in the passenger compartment. Otherwise, conservative styling, simple clean lines. It looks great.

Favorite Features

Comfort, quiet, versatility, driver visibility. The 'big box' look that gains respect on the road from other drivers. The power and load capacity. Has a good sound system. The full power group. Conservative styling. Ease of maintenance and repair, parts availability, and low cost

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the front wheel wells to reduce intrusiveness into passenger compartment; provide more legroom for driver and front seat passenger

Dependable and Versatile
By OKIE

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

The LT option interior design is great. This is a very dependable vehicle, no repairs necessary in the first 80,000 miles. Great for hauling people and/or cargo. Vastly improved ride from earlier models. Astro's are truly "Like a Rock", my 1986 model Astro that I bought new, has 335,000 miles on it with orginal engine and transmission, no rebuilds on either one.

Favorite Features

LT seating and interior, cargo capacity and towing capacity. Drives great with plenty of power from big V6 engine.

Suggested Improvements

It takes two people to remove or install rear seats. Fold-away seats would be nice.

Family Van
By Papabear

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle. Lots of cargo space for kids, dog, and camping gear.

Favorite Features

space and size

Suggested Improvements

More driver side legroom

My third Astro
By JDeFoor

2000 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan

As indicated by the title I am sold on the astro. I have found it to be the most versatile and dependable vehicle I have ever owned. I have had only minor problems with any of the three I have purchased. I still have my 1991 and have purchased a 2000.

Favorite Features

I really like the versatility of both passenger and cargo capacity. I also like the comfort for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that GM put the door side arm rest back on the two front seats it would improve the comfort level. I also liked having an interior gas door release.