2000 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
As the tru that cant make a 100,000 mile
By Disconious on 06/02/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Actually this is my second one, I think they are attractive and the kids loved em. My first was under powered but ran with scheduled maintenance which I had to abandoned due to the expense. Both vehicles ran good until about 70, 000 miles when windows stopped working, slight idle roughness, sliding door had parts fall off and started to rattle, front ac vents stopped working, back door starting clicking and vacum problems with locks and ac vents, ac fan motor, trying to fix all this at the dealer is vehicle suicide.

Versatile, Reliable, Predictable
By rosco on 07/12/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

I purchased it used with 50,000 km and have added 60,000 km in last two years. It replaced a 1988 with 325,000 km. Great highway vehicle; comfortable, quiet, great visibility, reasonably economical at highway speeds. Great capacity. Easily accommodates up to 8 passengers with full load or a very comfortable vehicle for 6, with all gear + 2 canoes on top. Great clearance in deep snow. With 4 winter tires, this van will navigate 8 inches or more of snow, and is my preferred vehicle for winter driving compared to my car. It's also great in summer for comfortable drives and trips. Downside - the intrusive wheel wells in the passenger compartment. Otherwise, conservative styling, simple clean lines. It looks great.

Dependable and Versatile
By OKIE on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

The LT option interior design is great. This is a very dependable vehicle, no repairs necessary in the first 80,000 miles. Great for hauling people and/or cargo. Vastly improved ride from earlier models. Astro's are truly "Like a Rock", my 1986 model Astro that I bought new, has 335,000 miles on it with orginal engine and transmission, no rebuilds on either one.

Family Van
By Papabear on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle. Lots of cargo space for kids, dog, and camping gear.

My third Astro
By JDeFoor on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

As indicated by the title I am sold on the astro. I have found it to be the most versatile and dependable vehicle I have ever owned. I have had only minor problems with any of the three I have purchased. I still have my 1991 and have purchased a 2000.

Lemon?
By phoebe99 on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Bough new 2 years ago. It was in the shop every 2500 miles. Dealer consistantly claimed "We can't pull diagnostics on it." Broke down 1st time close to home (alternator @ 12000 mi). 2nd time on the way to Santa Barbara, the same day it left the dealership shop. The 3rd and final time I refused to drive it until dealer experienced loss of power. I kept telling them it was transmission, 1 wk later they still claimed it drove perfect for them and that same day the transmission blew on the freeway (30,000 mi). I was 8 mo pregnant with 2 kids in my car. Chevy's 1-800 cust. service did nothing about all the problems so I traded it for a Nissan. Chevy should go out of business!!!