2000 Chevrolet Astro 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

LS Passenger Minivan (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Good Bye Old Pal
By stevemcp on 02/17/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I'm sad to say that my 2000 Chevy Astro is getting onto its last legs and GM doesn't make the any more. I bought mine used with 85,000 km off a 4 year lease in 2004. i have to that this has been the longest lasting, least expensive vehicle I have ever owned. Secretly, I think GM stopped making these because they were too reliable. My Astro now has over 270,000 km and I had no problems other than normal wear and tear. I'm still running on my second brake job with the rear drums never having been touched. Tires seem to last forever on the Astro - at least mine do. It still has the original muffler. I' using AMSOil synthetic and I change it every 40,000 km. Sad to see it go....

falling apart
By Joe Horton on 10/12/07 06:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I've put 40000 miles in 3 years since I had it. I must admitt it's a good runner with the 4.3 6cyl. but simple things are going wrong that should not happen. Expect to replace the drivers power window motor cuz everyone I've talk to had a problem. Front and rear air you will have a major leak from front to back. You want your fuel guage to work forget it. How about lights behind the radio just drive when the suns out. I like the dutch doors except for the famous rust under the lift window. And I'M retireed UAW oh well.

2000 Chev Astro Review
By swancoatjm0691 on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

We bought this van in 2002. It is very roomy except for the foot areas for the driver and passenger. It's comfortable and easy to drive. The 2nd & 3rd seats are removable but are heavy when taking them out. The only significant complaint we have is the gas and electrical. I only get 13-14 mpg and we have had some problems an electric window and keyless remote system. These are the only reasons I would have for trading it in for something else.

Chev Astro Production Should Continue
By JimHomyak on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

If you keep them clean, get them serviced on time, and like to haul lots of people and cargo, Astro is a great vehicle. Plenty of power, get-up- n-go and gets great mileage over long trips. Best MPG at 70 to 80 Mph. Averaged 22 MPG from MPLS to ORLANDO running 80% over 70MPH.

Love my Astro
By Wayneco on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

At 35000 miles/year, I am hard on a vehicle. Most of the miles were city driving(65-70%). I tend to wear brakes out faster than most people. Body integrity is excellent. Not a squeak or rattle for the first 80,000 miles. Still is quiet at 145K. No motor or tranny problems. Still goes 3000 miles without burning a quart of oil!

The best minivan/truck
By Chevy angel on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I'm in love with this van I will not buy another vehicle other than this van. Is reliable, strong & really comfortable I recommend this van/truck to anybody with my eyes close.

Decent overall
By Marc B on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Take this van for what it is - roomy, practical, relatively inexpensive, no-frills transportation. Van has had its share of minor problems, most of them related to fit and finish items, but no problems with any major component (engine, transmission, electrical, etc.). Very good for towing light trailers and for long-distance hauling with a full load of kids and goodies. Decent gas mileage for its capabilities (16.0 - 21 mpg).

van- tastic
By bob 66 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I love the van. it has been reliable we have driven across the country from NY to New Orleans to las vegas. No problems

By Info on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

This is a great vehicle. Very comfortable, roomy, and dependable.

Great Van
By Backintime on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

This is a great van. It's Tall and have lot of space and great cargo area. Rear seat don't reclined and they are very heavy and difficult to remove. I wish it did have a rear stereo and TV to keep the kids busy.