Used 1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

good, reliable car for us
By redhead 749

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This was our 2nd astro van. This one gave us no trouble. It only had one or two visits to the shop for warranty issues and they were dealt with quickly and easily. These vehicles easily towed our 3 waverunners without ever overheating. A bit slow on a step hill but not bad at all. The car seemed bullet proof. It also spent the last 4 1/2 years hauling band kids and equipment comfortably.My one complaint was it seemed to rattle a lot

I liked that the 2 back seats were both adjustable and removeable.

fix the rattles!

99 Astrovan
By me123456

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LT 3dr Minivan AWD

Mostly good vehicle but had some electrical problems that 3 dealers could not diagnois. Overall it was a good truck and never got stuck in the winter snow.

great on long trips

wiring problems, low gas milage, Had loss of power steering and caused the brakes to quit working and created a deadly combination.

Chevy astro
By ksstoddard

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan AWD

I like the all wheel drive in the winter time. We have heard the windshields leak frequently on these are's does. We bought into the extended warrenty. You might need it. I have also heard the fuek injectors have gone bad frequently on the this engine. If I buy another van it would still be an Astro I'm not really excited about those compact mini vans and i like the V-6 engine.

The all wheel drive in the winter time a very good vehicle to get through the snow.

I would like to see them have doors on both sides of the van. That is the only downside that my wifes dislikes compared to the mini vans.

my second astro
By CAPTAIN

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

rock solid and roomy are why I like my astros so much today 5 astros are being driven by family members like myself the astro they are driving are not their first. the 4.3 v6 may just be the finest motor GM has ever put in a vehicle trouble free utility put the astro at top of my list.

build it

I'd make a few changes
By Melissa

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I bought my Astro with 15,000 miles on it. It has run well, although Chevy has had a prpoblem with the drive train clunking for 9 years and hasn't fixed the problem yet. I don't like the fact that you can choose to recirculate the air. Also If the fan is blowing on head and feet at the same time it autmatically uses the AC. I never could get the heater to heat my feet and not my face. The resale value is a joke. But I do like the power and being able to take the seats out for hauling things. Overall I've been just satisfied, not overjoyed and not completely unhappy.

Rear Air. Keyless Entry

Choice of inside or outside air flow. A heater that heats your feet and air flow on head and feet at same time without using the AC.