1999 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
99 Astrovan
By me123456 on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan AWD

Mostly good vehicle but had some electrical problems that 3 dealers could not diagnois. Overall it was a good truck and never got stuck in the winter snow.

Chevy astro
By ksstoddard on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan AWD

I like the all wheel drive in the winter time. We have heard the windshields leak frequently on these are's does. We bought into the extended warrenty. You might need it. I have also heard the fuek injectors have gone bad frequently on the this engine. If I buy another van it would still be an Astro I'm not really excited about those compact mini vans and i like the V-6 engine.

my second astro
By CAPTAIN on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

rock solid and roomy are why I like my astros so much today 5 astros are being driven by family members like myself the astro they are driving are not their first. the 4.3 v6 may just be the finest motor GM has ever put in a vehicle trouble free utility put the astro at top of my list.

I'd make a few changes
By Melissa on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I bought my Astro with 15,000 miles on it. It has run well, although Chevy has had a prpoblem with the drive train clunking for 9 years and hasn't fixed the problem yet. I don't like the fact that you can choose to recirculate the air. Also If the fan is blowing on head and feet at the same time it autmatically uses the AC. I never could get the heater to heat my feet and not my face. The resale value is a joke. But I do like the power and being able to take the seats out for hauling things. Overall I've been just satisfied, not overjoyed and not completely unhappy.

1999 Astro LS AWD
By danjpao on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan AWD

Many problems after the first 2 years (35000 miles). Transfer case was rebuilt twice, 35000 miles apart because of locking up on cornering. Can't keep brakes in it - rotors keep warping - brake system is to small for the weight of vehicle. Power steering pump, 1 door lock actuator, 2 sets of idler arms, oil cooler lines, ignition coil, ignition switch housing and pinion oil seal all replaced. Right now at 76,000 miles my Astro is in the shop with the engine out because of a coolant leak. I am amazed at Chevy's lack of concern for this lemon!!!

Good Repair History / Fast depreciation
By MrsWnchstr on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

We like this vehicle overall. We have had minor things go wrong with it, such as battery, (twice in 2 years, with dealership battery), the motor in the door for the windows went out, and a clip that was attached to the motor that made the back window open broke. All things my husband was able to fix. Finally, the van depreciated REALLY quickly. I'm not sure if it's because there are so many of them out there now, or what but for the $21,000 we paid for it when it was less than a year old, and very low miles, it depreciated over $10,000 in two years.

1999 Astro Regency Conversion Van
By Bob Smith1 on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Bought it for two growing kids. Lots of room and ours came with a TV/VCR for those long hauls. All around solid, dependable van.

1999 LS Chevy Astro
By Hector Contreras on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Very dependable, lots of power, and a very quiet and comfortable ride.

Good Car
By Edward B Chastain on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Minivan

I baught the van because of 9 grand kids. It was and is great. But the kids have grown up and have thier own cars, so it is now too big for one.

1999 astro van
By mike strini on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

vehicle is sound and towing capabilty a big plus. i would recommend this van , and would purchase the same again