Used 1999 Chevrolet Astro LS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

1999 Astro Van
By John Hilger

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Bought van new and it performed well until it reached 60,000 miles. Then the electric door locks began to fail. The power window motor failed on drivers side. Water pump and and thermostat @ 80,000. 100,000 differential bearings went bad. 119,000 cooling leak around intake manifold gasket. Always maintained van and never abused.

Favorite Features

At this point none!

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy G.M. products. They are not designed to last but engineered to fall apart so you will buy another one.

Astro
By Tom

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

Two fuel pumps in 13 months cost me almost $1400.00 since they need to drop the fuel tank. Replace with Delco parts next time. The van has had transmission problems with the way it shifts on long drives. I am having electical problems with overhead lights flickering on and off while driving. various rattles from the van. It does run strong.

good, reliable car for us
By redhead 749

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

This was our 2nd astro van. This one gave us no trouble. It only had one or two visits to the shop for warranty issues and they were dealt with quickly and easily. These vehicles easily towed our 3 waverunners without ever overheating. A bit slow on a step hill but not bad at all. The car seemed bullet proof. It also spent the last 4 1/2 years hauling band kids and equipment comfortably.My one complaint was it seemed to rattle a lot

Favorite Features

I liked that the 2 back seats were both adjustable and removeable.

Suggested Improvements

fix the rattles!

my second astro
By CAPTAIN

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

rock solid and roomy are why I like my astros so much today 5 astros are being driven by family members like myself the astro they are driving are not their first. the 4.3 v6 may just be the finest motor GM has ever put in a vehicle trouble free utility put the astro at top of my list.

Suggested Improvements

build it

I'd make a few changes
By Melissa

1999 Chevrolet Astro Minivan LS 3dr Minivan

I bought my Astro with 15,000 miles on it. It has run well, although Chevy has had a prpoblem with the drive train clunking for 9 years and hasn't fixed the problem yet. I don't like the fact that you can choose to recirculate the air. Also If the fan is blowing on head and feet at the same time it autmatically uses the AC. I never could get the heater to heat my feet and not my face. The resale value is a joke. But I do like the power and being able to take the seats out for hauling things. Overall I've been just satisfied, not overjoyed and not completely unhappy.

Favorite Features

Rear Air. Keyless Entry

Suggested Improvements

Choice of inside or outside air flow. A heater that heats your feet and air flow on head and feet at same time without using the AC.