1999 Chevrolet Astro 4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

LT Passenger Minivan (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
Best vehicle I ever had
By rufrch on 12/05/14 11:27 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

I bought mine new in 2000. drove it to eveywhere, San Fran, Sac town, mountains several times, Ariizona, Utah, Las Vegas,.....You get the point. Like all vehicles the key is maintenance. If you take care of your vehicle, it will take care of you. Don't get me wrong it had some hick ups like I changed the alternator, I did a fuel injector swap, changed the fuel pump but other than that. It ran like a top. Never hard to start. I did do some modes. cold air intake, cat back system and after towing like crazy I decided to change rear leaf springs to high capacity leafs springs. I loved that van, and would still have after 14 years but some idiot ran into it while it was parked and totaled it.

I expected more
By Chris on 03/06/06 20:57 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

This is my fourth Chevy. I have had two major repairs on this van, both on family trips out of state. Around 20K I had the transmission rebuilt. At 56K I had the alternator replaced twice. Imagine driving across SC and GA on a 90+ degree day with a failing alternator and no a/c. I have had countless problems with cruise control, power locks, windows, mirrors etc. This is with only 62k mileage. This will be my last Chevy until their relability is improved.

1999 Astro Regency Conversion Van
By Bob Smith1 on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Bought it for two growing kids. Lots of room and ours came with a TV/VCR for those long hauls. All around solid, dependable van.