Used 1999 Chevrolet Astro LT Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Astro

View reviews for a specific Astro model:

Best vehicle I ever had
By rufrch

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

I bought mine new in 2000. drove it to eveywhere, San Fran, Sac town, mountains several times, Ariizona, Utah, Las Vegas,.....You get the point. Like all vehicles the key is maintenance. If you take care of your vehicle, it will take care of you. Don't get me wrong it had some hick ups like I changed the alternator, I did a fuel injector swap, changed the fuel pump but other than that. It ran like a top. Never hard to start. I did do some modes. cold air intake, cat back system and after towing like crazy I decided to change rear leaf springs to high capacity leafs springs. I loved that van, and would still have after 14 years but some idiot ran into it while it was parked and totaled it.

I loved how you would sit high so you can see traffic ahead of you. It was great on comfort. 8 poeple comfortibly or 6 really comfortibly. It was pretty good on gas. I was able to fill up the take and go over 400 miles before fill up again. I'm talking highway by the way but on streets it was too bad either. Loved it Loved it.

I wish GM would come out with a newer version of it. Oh make sure you keep the truck style feel to it not a soccer mom SUV type feel. I'd definately by a new one if they were still around.

I expected more
By Chris

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

This is my fourth Chevy. I have had two major repairs on this van, both on family trips out of state. Around 20K I had the transmission rebuilt. At 56K I had the alternator replaced twice. Imagine driving across SC and GA on a 90+ degree day with a failing alternator and no a/c. I have had countless problems with cruise control, power locks, windows, mirrors etc. This is with only 62k mileage. This will be my last Chevy until their relability is improved.

It is powerful and a workhorse. I can easily haul 6 adults or 4'x8'pieces of drywall, etc.

Don't buy a car built right before a strike. I put larger tires on it. It didn't behave well in high speed turns. Reliability!!!

1999 Astro Regency Conversion Van
By Bob Smith1

1999 Chevrolet Astro LT 3dr Minivan

Bought it for two growing kids. Lots of
room and ours came with a TV/VCR for
those long hauls. All around solid,
dependable van.

Roominess, Towing power

Since this is built on a truck chassis, upgraded shocks. Ride is very floaty but nothing that anyone couldn't handle.