1999 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Astro model:
1999 Astro Van
By John Hilger on 12/26/09 14:28 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Bought van new and it performed well until it reached 60,000 miles. Then the electric door locks began to fail. The power window motor failed on drivers side. Water pump and and thermostat @ 80,000. 100,000 differential bearings went bad. 119,000 cooling leak around intake manifold gasket. Always maintained van and never abused.

Astro
By Tom on 08/06/06 15:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Two fuel pumps in 13 months cost me almost $1400.00 since they need to drop the fuel tank. Replace with Delco parts next time. The van has had transmission problems with the way it shifts on long drives. I am having electical problems with overhead lights flickering on and off while driving. various rattles from the van. It does run strong.

good, reliable car for us
By redhead 749 on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

This was our 2nd astro van. This one gave us no trouble. It only had one or two visits to the shop for warranty issues and they were dealt with quickly and easily. These vehicles easily towed our 3 waverunners without ever overheating. A bit slow on a step hill but not bad at all. The car seemed bullet proof. It also spent the last 4 1/2 years hauling band kids and equipment comfortably.My one complaint was it seemed to rattle a lot

my second astro
By CAPTAIN on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

rock solid and roomy are why I like my astros so much today 5 astros are being driven by family members like myself the astro they are driving are not their first. the 4.3 v6 may just be the finest motor GM has ever put in a vehicle trouble free utility put the astro at top of my list.

I'd make a few changes
By Melissa on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

I bought my Astro with 15,000 miles on it. It has run well, although Chevy has had a prpoblem with the drive train clunking for 9 years and hasn't fixed the problem yet. I don't like the fact that you can choose to recirculate the air. Also If the fan is blowing on head and feet at the same time it autmatically uses the AC. I never could get the heater to heat my feet and not my face. The resale value is a joke. But I do like the power and being able to take the seats out for hauling things. Overall I've been just satisfied, not overjoyed and not completely unhappy.

Good Repair History / Fast depreciation
By MrsWnchstr on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

We like this vehicle overall. We have had minor things go wrong with it, such as battery, (twice in 2 years, with dealership battery), the motor in the door for the windows went out, and a clip that was attached to the motor that made the back window open broke. All things my husband was able to fix. Finally, the van depreciated REALLY quickly. I'm not sure if it's because there are so many of them out there now, or what but for the $21,000 we paid for it when it was less than a year old, and very low miles, it depreciated over $10,000 in two years.

1999 LS Chevy Astro
By Hector Contreras on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

Very dependable, lots of power, and a very quiet and comfortable ride.

1999 astro van
By mike strini on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Astro LS 3dr Minivan

vehicle is sound and towing capabilty a big plus. i would recommend this van , and would purchase the same again